Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Update on Spider Bite..

Fletch

Supporting Member
So last week I must have gotten bit by a spider.... I'm thinking while I was sleeping... Made a mess of my hand, it swelled up, became dark red and infected.. Called Dr. and went on antibiotics... Although the hand looks like shit due to all the layers of dead skin from the toxins, it's feeling much better...

IMG_20200921_072634.jpg

Reactions: Big_Holla

Fletch

Supporting Member
Wow - glad your healing up - what the hell kinda spiders u got up there
Who the hell knows what kind of spider or what it was... Doctor asked if it could have been a snake... I would have known if a rattler or copperhead got me.... Plus whole arm would have been affected...

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Who the hell knows what kind of spider or what it was... Doctor asked if it could have been a snake... I would have known if a rattler or copperhead got me.... Plus whole arm would have been affected...

Get some of those sticky spider traps and place around the house - this cold weather will bring them in - my house cats take care of them

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Fletch
My wife had a spider bite several years ago the Dr. said was likely the result of a brown recluse. It was on her leg and looked very similar to that only the center was a divet about the size of a dime and at least 1/8 inch deep. After all the antibiotics and tetanus shot it slowly healed. You would think she would have a nasty scar but you cannot even see where it was. Good thing you had it checked out and are on the mend!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang Rich! Looks likely to have been from the brown recluse imo as well. They say their bites usually go unnoticed till the venom starts going to work. That sure looks nasty but hoping the meds do their job in a hurry and you get your hand back to normal buddy! Question, was it the hand you use most? 😎

Reactions: Fletch and Sgt Fury