Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Walmart brand Vacuum sealer bags

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Picked these up the other night when i stopped in to get some foodsaver brand. They were quite a bit cheaper. If anything i figured i could always return them if they weren't good. Just did about 4 packs of burger and 8 packs of steaks, they worked really good and sealed around the meat really well. I'll update this once they get jostled around in the freezer the next few months.
20181217_114017.jpeg

Buckmaster

Portage
I’ve put up about 200# of deer, turkey, and chicken with my Weston and these bags over the past couple weeks. They seal very well. They do seem a little mil thickness lighter than the Zip Lock brand I was accustomed to using. I’m expecting 2 years out of them....we shall see. I found some 2014 year old steaks recently with a touch of freezer burn with the Zip Lock brand. A little trimming and they ate like 2018. I prefer Zip Lock however it appears WalMart is phasing them out with these for replacements.

Reactions: xbowguy and "J"

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We have been getting bags from ebay. A seller out of Glenview Illinois. Their bags have been great for the last 4 years.

.Screenshot_20181218-041718.png...Screenshot_20181218-041516.png

They carry varios sizes also.
Name of his store is Food Magic Seal.

How are these prices compared to the others Ben? All I know is they're cheaper than what we were getting several years ago.

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
Long term I'll probably be making bulk Amazon buys. I like the rolls so I can customize my sizing. Your pricing appears a little better than Walmart's offerings. I have preference to the heavier mil thicknesses.

Reactions: hickslawns

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Long term I'll probably be making bulk Amazon buys. I like the rolls so I can customize my sizing. Your pricing appears a little better than Walmart's offerings. I have preference to the heavier mil thicknesses.
I believe this is the route i will be going as well. With Greyson hunting now, probably assume we will get 4 deer a year if we wanted. I plan on getting into sausage and snack stick making

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
We ran out of bags once and had to "Take what we could find in a bind". Price of bags at the store were high back then. I might be wrong but I'm thinking it was like .40 per bag at that time. Ebay was the cheapest on bulk buying so we just kept going to this guy I mentioned. You can't buy experience~~so it's nice to get input from a group like this on these things.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Has anyone used an impulse sealer to make your own bag sizes? I’m looking at to see if they are worth it. The vac sealer I have now isn’t one I want to seal bags with and would prefer making bags a different method

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I have the bag cutter... I’m just trying to save wear and tear on the vac pump going through a sealer routine.