Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Water Storage

Ok. Next project for me. We carry water to camp to use for showers, dishes, etc. I have 6 of those blue aquatainers that hold like 7 or 8 gallon a piece. Most weekends I am dumping out a couple of them as we didn't use them all. Got me thinking that I may want to use a couple of 55 gallon drums that I could place under the cabin and then plumb to my rv pump. I would use the aquatainers to fill the drums. Didn't know how long I could keep water in drums like that. We don't drink this water, but just didn't know how long we could keep and what are some ideas to keep it fresh. Could also get one of those white water tanks if they would be better? I would drain this system in the winter and just do what we do now by setting the water next to the rv pump inside and dropping a hose into the bucket. Our water usage in winter is reduced anyway.

Hunter II

We have had one of these under our cabin for 18 years and we have never added anything.

For 50 cents you can get 225 gallons of city water in one of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chass

The Hills
Just get black/blue poly drums, they're like $40 brand new and usually come with holes for screw in pumps. If sunlight doesn't hit the water algae cant grow. But like others stated I'd still treat it, then you dont have to worry about bacteria or bugs.

Reactions: cspot