Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Way To Represent Ohio University!

My daughter just shared this with me. If you don't know who Kaitlin Bennett is you probably recognize the girl that open carried an AR at Kent State University. Well she's been visiting college campuses in Ohio and she was just at OU in Athens. You will hear it wasn't quite a riot, you'll hear the campus police had it all under control. What sucked the most was hearing one guy say he was glad she was there but when asked what was going on his campus (OU and how the crowd was reacting) he said 'we can't say anything' referring to being a conservative. He said it was so hard to be a Republican there as they would spit on you. Unreal. I've always known OU was very Liberal but man this was eye opening to me. Sorry Allen, no OU in your future!!

Chass

The Hills
While I cant stand that girl myself she does a good job proving a point that generally speaking that crowd only cares about free speech when it is their own. Its absolutely ridiculous how far they downplayed it where if you were to do that to one of those OUPD cruisers you would he in cuffs and charges pressed but that was all just normal civil discourse there.
I've never understood Athens and it's like the people that live there are in some weird little bubble and they've never left their 5 square mile city. Leave the city and the mentality is completely swapped. Other than the stores I'd guess most of the rural community wouldn't care if the place vanished cause they sure dont represent the county itself.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was President of the OU Second Amendment Club from 2002-2005. I brought in speakers from the black. LGBT, and Native American communities, as well as the Ultimate Warrior (great campfire story about my day with him) all in an effort to get the liberals to meet us halfway and they never dared to show. Other than Damon Krane, AKA Sideshow Bob. Townies will get it...

Anyways, it was bad back then, so I'm am in no way surprised by this. My first week on campus was 9/11, so we were part of several counterprotest movements over the next 4 years. That predated social media, which is what's exacerbated things. I'm rarely proud of my alam mater and this certainly isn't one of those rare moments of pride.

Last edited:

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'm just glad I didn't see my youngest son on that video. He's a student there, which I'll be perfectly honest, after watching your video through its entirety, it scares the liven shit out of me that these schools brainwash young minds into lunacy.

Bigcountry40

Kaitlin Bennett is one of the few bright spots of my Alma mater, not a huge fan of her personally, I think she's smart but appears unintelligent sometimes when she speaks and presents her argument/facts (which I also do, maybe its a Kent State thing). Kent is also super liberal, I guess I naturally avoided it because I was college athlete and that ate up like 1000000% of my time. After 9/11 happened one of the history professors (who was investigated and I think arrested by the FBI) spoke at a lecture that was mandatory for my class to attend about the Iraq war, he went on a jihad mid speech, I got up and walked out, he also had a picture of 9/11 terrorist hanging in his office. Lou Holtz stopped donating until he is/was fired. I guess I never really was concerned with the liberal chaos on campus due to constantly being surround and with my teammates. I do miss when facebook first came out and was used to find single (or not) women and not a fucking political opinion page.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Isaacorps

Columbus
College campuses have been ground zero for this stuff since colleges have had campuses. Only difference now is social media puts it squarely in your face as it happens.

Reactions: Big_Holla

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Athens is poorest county? Figured it may have been Perry. Interesting.

Kent State- funny story there. First National Guard drill I attended. I was in motor pool. They start passing out assignments of vehicles to work on. Turn on the radio and overhead speakers. Neil Young "Four dead in Ohio" comes on. I was like " do we always start the drills with this or is it coincidence?" 😂

Fletch

Supporting Member
Neil Young " Four dead in Ohio"... Phil your bringing back memories... That happened in 1970... I was out of high school 2 years already...

Couple years back I hunted just outside of Athens... I thought it was a nice little town... Guess not...

Reactions: hickslawns

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Rich- I'm a 1975 model myself. Happened before my time. For the record: pure coincidence that song came on the radio. The Ohio National Guard isn't real proud of this event.

OU incident? Disgusting. Blatant disrespect. It is fine for the liberal left to say and do what they want. If your opinion doesn't align with theirs they don't feel you should have the same rights. Pisses me off. I don't care if they express their opinions. That is their right. Don't prevent opposing views from expressing theirs.