Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well that hurts

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
One of my Tactacam Reveal cell cams quit working a few nights ago. I was on nights and Tyler said there was a lightning strike real close. I had my suspicions. I checked the cam this eve and this is what I found: the strap, battery tray and 8 of the 12 batteries. No clue where the camera went, maybe it disintegrated. The tree only appears damaged around where the camera was.
6AD9B490-A204-4229-85A0-3A6DC585B82F.jpeg
F7EFB8E9-7F77-4D97-B96D-2E3C8E21FF62.jpeg
4E2357E5-8EE6-4B99-8696-5AF0DF7154B4.jpeg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ya don't see that everyday.

That cam could be blown to bits and scattered over 25 yards. You might find chunks here and there this fall when the grass dies off

Reactions: Spencie

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I think I found a piece down here Mike! Damn, that’s pretty damn random right there…. Gotta be a first I’ve ever heard of a lightning strike on a camera like that…..Be interesting too see what’s left of it if anything at all…..

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I think I found a piece down here Mike! Damn, that’s pretty damn random right there…. Gotta be a first I’ve ever heard of a lightning strike on a camera like that…..Be interesting too see what’s left of it if anything at all…..
I run so many cameras year round that I've always figured it would happen eventually. I just wish it wasn't a cell cam. I sent an email to Tactacam to see if there is any kind of warranty for this lol. I suppose I will buy 2 to replace it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I run so many cameras year round that I've always figured it would happen eventually. I just wish it wasn't a cell cam. I sent an email to Tactacam to see if there is any kind of warranty for this lol. I suppose I will buy 2 to replace it.
How many tactacams you have? They may, depending on your purchase history, just do that.

Reactions: Spencie