Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What’s the best practical joke

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
April fools day 1993, up to then was just another day. I’d gotten a vasectomy about 6 months after my daughter had been born and life was as normal as it could be. About a week before, the wife had been complaining about being sick and nauseous in the morning and I paid no real attention too it. The morning of April fools day she’d gotten up earlier than I and when I got up went to the bathroom and there’s a home pregnancy stick on the vanity. Got done looked down, read the box, looked down.... Started shaking my head saying well that vasectomy was a waste of fuggin time!!!!
Gathered my emotions and walked down stairs to find the wife with her head buried in a pillow appearing to be crying.... Walked over sat down next to her and said it’d be ok and one more kid isn’t the end of the world. With her head still buried in the pillow and her shaking she asked me if I stil loved her? I said yeah, why wouldn’t I? She said do you really love me? Again I said sure, having another kid isn’t that big of a deal.... It wasn’t planned but what can you do? She looked up at me in tears and said APRIL FOOLS!!!! And then started really crying.... I’m like WTF? She said she thought I’d react a whole lot different and I handled it a helluva lot better then planned 😂😂😂😂

I guess the joke backfired on her 😂😂😂😂

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Not the wife, but I once walked into the local newspaper a week after x-mass and paid for a week long ad to run in the classified section...

"Will PAY CASH FOR YOUR USED CHRISTMAS TREE"
"WILL PICK-UP"
(Then gave my buddy's phone number)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not the wife, but I once walked into the local newspaper a week after x-mass and paid for a week long ad to run in the classified section...

"Will PAY CASH FOR YOUR USED CHRISTMAS TREE"
"WILL PICK-UP"
(Then gave my buddy's phone number)

That’s hilarious!!!! 😂😂😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well a couple years after that April fools, she laid low the following year as she thought I’d be on too her (little did she know) I was at work, happened to be in the office with a bunch of coworkers and the phone rang, my boss said it was the wife so I picked up, she asked how my day was going and then said I wanted to warn you before you got home. My wife’s sister (we’ve never really gotten along) spent the day with my son who’d been about 5 at the time and she had taken him to the mall and had gotten his ears pierced.....

Needless to say I went on a tirade for a couple minutes MF’ng the whole time as I was going to kick her ass when I got home, I chastised the wife for allowing it to go on and her and her sister better not be around when I got home!!!!

Needless to say everyone in the office (7 or 8 guys) stopped what they were doing and were eyes on me!!!! That’s when Andrea politely said April fools and hung up....

Well I was speechless at the time and just hung up the phone, walked over too the boss and said I’m taking an early lunch 😂😂😂😂

When I got home everyone was there laughing as they were all listening in on it at the time....

The guys got a kick out of it after I told them what that was all about....
So every after that they would remind me about April fools and keep my guard up 😂😂😂

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Not an April Fool's prank but I pull the wool over my wife's eyes all the time because she's rather gullible. One such occasion we were staying at Geneva-on-the-Lake and driving around to see all the covered bridges. Alongside the road at various intervals were orange fiberglass rods sticking up. I asked if she knew where they were for and she did not, I then proceeded to tell her that it was markers for Amish buggy racing. Since they don't have speedometers or anything they use those to judge how fast they were go and who won. . I let her go on believing it for the rest of the day until I finally told her it was so the snow plows know where the edge of the road is.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Not an April Fool's prank but I pull the wool over my wife's eyes all the time because she's rather gullible. One such occasion we were staying at Geneva-on-the-Lake and driving around to see all the covered bridges. Alongside the road at various intervals were orange fiberglass rods sticking up. I asked if she knew where they were for and she did not I then proceeded to tell her that it was markers for Amish buggy racing. Since they don't have speedometers or anything they use those to judge how fast they were going. I let her go on believing it for the rest of the day until I finally told her it was so the snow plows knew where the edge of the road was

😂😂😂 Now that’s funny...

Last edited by a moderator:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We were working outta Panama years ago, guy brought a mouth call with him to practice since Turkey season would start the weekend we got home. Flight Engineer was doing his walk around as part of his preflight of he aircraft and he was behind him working the call softly and the engineer was looking around every time he did it. Dale the crew chief said it sounded like it was coming from #2 engine exhaust pipe.... Engineer pulled out the ladder crawled up and looked it over 😂 we were rolling on he ground and he was one pissed of SOB 😂😂😂

Fletch

Supporting Member
We have a magic shop that sells scatch off lottery tickets that look like the real deal with everyone of them being a $10,000 instant winner.. So I know a young lady that bought one and mixed it in with a few real ones... So they were going out to a nice restaurant with two other couples to celebrate her husband's birthday. At the restaurant she gave them to her husband... When he saw that he won $10,000 he told the waitress drinks were on him for all the surrounding tables... Didn't go over too good when he realized it was a prank... Walked out and took a cab home... Divorce followed soon after.... Anyone want any let me know I'll pick you up some... Your on your own though...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We have a magic shop that sells scatch off lottery tickets that look like the real deal with everyone of them being a $10,000 instant winner.. So I know a young lady that bought one and mixed it in with a few real ones... So they were going out to a nice restaurant with two other couples to celebrate her husband's birthday. At the restaurant she gave them to her husband... When he saw that he won $10,000 he told the waitress drinks were on him for all the surrounding tables... Didn't go over too good when he realized it was a prank... Walked out and took a cab home... Divorce followed soon after.... Anyone want any let me know I'll pick you up some... Your on your own though...

I’d say it was on the downhill side before the joke Lmao

Neighbor kids did the same to their mom, she was dancing around and whooping and hollering until hey told her it was fake.... First thing out of her mouth, I knew it was fake 😂😂😂

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Reminds me of that one woman who won a lottery jackpot and kept it from her husband then filed for divorce. When the judge found out about it she awarded the entire jackpot to the ex husband. It was like a few million dollars.