Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What broadhead is this?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Three blade. Anyone know what it is? The blades are a little loose ;)

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
By looking further I think they are Allens. That knurled piece looked familiar and I only know of Allens having that.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I agree w/ Milo. It looks like the old Wasp's I use to use.

On second though, wasps did not have that "dish" .
It's been years since I shot em so I probably should have kept my mouth shut. Lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The knurled collar makes me think it is likely a Koplin. They are the only heads I ever saw that used them, however I have not seen one of their heads in the last 20 years. I have no idea if they even still make them. I shot my first two deer with Koplin heads in the early 80's. They were 7.00 for three and I thought that was a bit much.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Come to think of it, there was a head sold under the name of game tracker that also used those collars. Like Koplin and Allen, they were sold in Walmart type stores too. Probably all the same manufacture.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
They are allens for sure. My cheap azz father in law insisted on using them a few years ago. I put him on a nice buck and when he shot it, the blades all fell apart and there was minimal penetration. Ended up finding the deer the next day about 3/4 of a mile away, despite what should have been a 100 yard track job