Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What you havin?

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I know a few of you guys are more familiar with adult beverages than I am. I actually dont really drink much at all any more.

2018 wasn't a horrible year for my wife and I, which is cause for celebration, and 2019 looks like it has the potential to be a bit more trying,which is a reason to brace ourselves. So this new year we decided to get good and greased up.

When I do drink, I seem to prefer rum. I happened to see an article not long ago about this rum that is aged in the same oak barrels they make bourbon in. Supposed to be some good stuff.
20181229_201732.jpg

My wife is down with some wine this year, this is her selection
20181229_202157.jpg

So what is everyone else celebrating with ?

Bowkills

Nw oh
vernors ginger ale. Maybe get crAzy with some cranberry juice. My liver needs some years to heal itself.....all beer without fruit from near beer to 10percent was my favs. Tito's vodka is great. Any top shelf liquor seemed to satisfy. Try a Kentucky mule they r super yummy delicious....enjoy everyone!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Bourbon, any and all makers.

I am partial to Woodford Reserve, but I also like Bulleit and Buffalo Trace. Last weekend at a Christmas party I was introduced to Rebel Yell, which I was told was "pretty cheap"... But damn it didn't taste cheap. Pretty smooth and it got the job done. lol

Jamie

Ohio
Never heard of this....

I take it, it’s worth the cost difference?
totally. Fever Tree makes several varieties, but the Elderflower is far and away the best mixer I've had with Tanqueray. has a grapefruity sort of flavor about it. I'm a total tonic snob. you couldn't pay me to drink Schwepps or Canada Dry, or off brands. was on Q-tonic for a good while, but this Fever Tree is great with the juniper notes in Tanqueray gin.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
totally. Fever Tree makes several varieties, but the Elderflower is far and away the best mixer I've had with Tanqueray. has a grapefruity sort of flavor about it. I'm a total tonic snob. you couldn't pay me to drink Schwepps or Canada Dry, or off brands. was on Q-tonic for a good while, but this Fever Tree is great with the juniper notes in Tanqueray gin.

Damn, now you have me interested in it 😂😂😂
I’ve got 3 bottles of Schweppes left though 😂😂😂