Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

whats the future? When will this craziness end?

Bowkills

Nw oh
What's your thoughts for the future of guns and ammo? Id like to think its going to be like toilet paper eventually it just might take a hell of a lot longer. Or am I'm just hopefull that we will have availability again? I 100 percent think the category of assault weapons will be taken in my life could be sooner than later. I never would have thought that I'd have to just get what I can get .22 ammo to squirrel hunt. Which availability has been shit for years now for .22s. We got burned during tp hording. If it ever comes back I will have a stock pile only for hunting purposes. If I need 15k rounds of .223 to live on this earth I don't want to be alive. Where are we headed folks?

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
Got plenty of reloading supplies - is hording causeing the shortage or what - don't think there will be a assult weapon ban - for what is worth i know people on both sides of the fence that own them - don't know how that translates to the national population - Kamala Harris has me worried - don't think shes presidential

Reactions: hickslawns

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
WOW....My thoughts exactly. This part makes me glad I'm getting older. I've already had more fun than what should be legal (and some that was not😎). Let's hope and pray we get back to normal (Whatever the fuk that is these days). Maybe the word "bearable" is more like it. I for one will fight for it if need be.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I am a fan of "resets", and I think we are going through multiple resets in many aspects of our lives right now. Its an uneasy feeling, but I think overall Trump protected and put the US on a glide path for the better, especially with guns. Sure the next 4yrs can have things undone to an extent, but I think its going to be a struggle. No, I dont have specific legal cases to reference or anything solid, just my gut/opinion as I spin the last 4yrs rollo-dex in my mind when it comes to guns.

Ammo, I think we are experiencing a reset of prices, of supply chain design, and supply vs. demand learnings. Agree with Joe, the suppliers have to love the higher pricing but I question the margin impact they are seeing, given the reset of their supply chain. Air freight cost is absolutely out of control vs. pre-covid & the LA/west coast port has been backed up for weeks. There are bottle necks everywhere, its gonna take some time for the resets to be complete.

I rarely shoot for fun anymore.....

Bowkills

Nw oh
I went on a ammo run yesterday, I got a hit on .22s. Old man owns a small outdoors shop 15 miles from me. He is big into muzzleloading. what the hell are people buying up this stuff for, shortage of black powder hunting products?? Probably easiest thing to get year round that's always on the self. I think to many sellers are trying to get In on the historic sales. He will get random people stopping offering to buy all his ammo he thinks to turn around and resell. Sounds like widespread fear in the country and Capitol greed is the driving factor, it's got to catch up eventually. Millions of new panicked gun owners all buying ammo at once and the rest of us look at it with uncertain regular purchases is a perfect storm. They could ramp up production and end it but why would you change anything until the well runs dry.....great profits to be made. I'm guessing some Ohioans won't be able to hunt these coming gun seasons due to this bs!!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't find any Remington Accutips. I know they are not going to produce them anymore, but. . .

Bigcountry40

Store owners dont help, they encourage "Democrats are going ban all ammo" sentiment, they sell it as fast as it hits shelves promoting fear.

I struggled finding standard 7 1/2 for dove hunting in September, its ridiculous it pointless to own a 22 anymore

Reactions: Bankfish

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I enjoy hunting with everything. If I can’t secure additional slugs, I go straight wall, or hand cannon, or modern or traditional BP. And then there is always the string section of the band.
Fuck em.
I’m going hunting.
I’m going to protect my home and loved ones.

I can wait...

Outside

Never had a problem finding lead for casting 45's. Old Linotype presses were always a good source of casting material. Beware of lead from hospitals. Usually the stuff was hot. I'd like to see Ohio transition to a conventional rifle state, where I can put my 0.270 to use. With the house of representatives evening out and the Senate still in control of Republicans, I don't expect dramatic change. Gridlock is a good thing, at least to me.

Reactions: Mike