Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What's your 'Crystal Ball' telling you?

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
What's your prediction of what & when for this 2018-19 deer season?

Mine will be a 4x4 -150"+ worth of bone taken the first week of November

Evening hunt on the 4th to be exact.

We'll see which one of you guys here is either truly telepathic , or really has their game on!

So let's hear it 'TOO' crew,,,

What's your prediction?

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
After a cam check yesterday it's evident that I have a lot of homework left to do on this new property. Not being allowed to bait makes doing inventory much harder. Just gonna keep bouncing around watching trails with cams until I find what I'm after. Once scrapes open this will get easier.

My prediction is just like last season. I'll enjoy hunting natural deer movements, learn some more about the property, and pass a few bucks in the 130s that don't tip my teakettle.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I'll enjoy hunting natural deer movements, learn some more about the property, and pass a few bucks in the 130s that don't tip my teakettle.

:cool:

I do much the same in my area.

It's taken me about three years to figure out and better understand the deer herd habits around here.

So, that's why I'm throwing out a prediction and,,,,

to see if anyone else what's to chime in for the heck of it.

It's deer topic that I hope some can get in 'TOO'.

Thanks for sharing!

Appreciate it!

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The past couple years I’ve not seen a shooter till around the 20th of Nov. on the small farm I hunt near home so if I had to take a stab at it I’ll just say if get a crack at one that’s long in the teeth it will be on 11/21 or 11/22. What he is inches wise or points wise is beyond me, I just hope if it does happen that I make a clean lethal shot. 👍🏻

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
The past couple years I’ve not seen a shooter till around the 20th of Nov. on the small farm I hunt near home so if I had to take a stab at it I’ll just say if get a crack at one that’s long in the teeth it will be on 11/21 or 11/22. What he is inches wise or points wise is beyond me, I just hope if it does happen that I make a clean lethal shot. 👍🏻

I wish you the very best on him!!!

Sounds like a good plan...

Last edited:
Reactions: finelyshedded

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I will have my doe killed the first two weeks of the season and from there I will pass on 10 different bucks that I don't like and ultimately eat my buck tag for the 4th straight year which I am okay with (even though my friends give me hell)

Don't feel bad...

I've had tag soup for a couple seasons in a row 'TOO'.

Not because I didn't see any bucks,,,

Oh-no!!!

I seen plenty, just not the one I was hoping for.

Good luck this season to you!!!

Last edited:

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Care 'TOO' elaborate anymore on the specifics?

If not, I still appreciate you sharing 'Mike' & I wish you the very best in filling your freezer.

Good luck!

I started hunting in 2008. In 2010 I started harvesting. Since then, I've done things that have made my seasons less enjoyable (unrealistic goals come to mind). This year my mindset is "less is more". The only thing I've done is restock my mineral sites in the spring. No cams, no bait, no food plots and no new gear. I'll harvest when the time seems right. No pressure. I'd really like to capture one with my longbow.😊