Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When football was football .....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just remembered I still have this. Do you old fuggers remember back in the 70s when you would spend a quarter to get a NFL helmet out of the gumball machines ?

Attachments

• 20230311_184828.jpg
    20230311_184828.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 37

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just remembered I still have this. Do you old fuggers remember back in the 70s when you would spend a quarter to get a NFL helmet out of the gumball machines ?

Yup and that was my team! Alan Page, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall(ex Buckeye) Jim Larsen were the front four on defense. Fran Tarkington, Chuck Foreman, Sammy White and Gene Washington on offense. Mick Tingleoff, Paul Krause were other players.
Does anyone else remember the album books and stamps of players for all the NFL teams you could get at the Sunoco gas stations back in the early 70’s? We had two albums almost filled up but they were eventually thrown away.
Len Dawson was KC’s QB back then and Joe Namath and Johnny Unitas were QB’s for NY Jets and Colts back then. Dang I wish I still had them to look at and all of those baseball cards. Dang😳🙄😕

Fletch

Supporting Member
Full disclosure; I am not a Steelers fan today. Do not care a whit about NFL football. Have not watched a game in years. Still like me? 😆
Well in that case....... Yeh I still like you.... Lately I haven't watched too much football either... TOO MUCH BULLSHIT.... GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO..... Steelers aren't what they used to be...