Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Woodyw333's 2012/ 2013 Hunting Log

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
So it seems to me this is the thing to do these days so here is mine starting today 10/10/12. Keep in mind that my most of my hunts are in Northern Ky for the time being.. I am currently working on gaining a good amount of properity close to Adams county. Untill then or untill I can get to public grounds that is the only place that I hunt.

10/10/12:

Morning hunt,
Temps: low to mid 40's
Moon: Overhead @ 0800
Stand times: 0630- 0930
Deer Movement: big fat ZERO, didnt kick anything out of any field or woods going in or out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Things were slow where I sat tonight to Woody! I'll be checking out your hunting thread from here on out. Goodluck this season!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
October Lull at its fineist.. I might go out this morning as well. I have 2 different apps that say good hunting times and they are exact opposite of each other.. The moon one says its a 1 out of 6 deer day (bad) and another says its a 3.5 star day (good). I guess there is only one way to find out..

Mossy: Only reason I am getting morning stand time is cause my son stays with his mom a few days a week, and yesterday he went to her house instead of coming home.. and every now and then when he is home my g/f tells me to go hunting before work.. Your time will come soon hopefully..

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
10-15-12 (monday) morning hunt
Mid to upper 30's
10-15mph winds
0630-0930
no deer movement

10-15-12 (monday) evening
3-5mph winds
stand times 1630-2000
I saw nothing my g/f saw 6 deer none in range..

10-16-12 (morning)
lower 40s
0-2 mph wind
0630-0800
Main reason for this sit was because I wanted to move a blind. got to the blind saw or heard no movement by 0800 so I went to look for a place to place the blind in the corn stalks. Found a spot, moved the blind and brushed it in.

10-16-12 evening
low to mid 60
1730-2000
2-6mph winds
Saw 1 deer for a split sec through the corn then it dissapeared back into the woods.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck Woody! It's fun keeping track of the season here and sharing in all the hunts. I'm living through everybody else right now, hoping to go climb a tree here real soon.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
My g/f and I went out and sat in the double.. Around 6pm 2 does came out about 200 yards out and went into the winter wheat field then over into the picked corn field and dissapeared. Then @ 7:00, 3 more does came out and were milling around 90yds out, one started making her way to us then turned and went out of sight, then a second one followed the same path. The 3rd one turned and went away from us. As I am standing there watching the 3rd walk away I look to the right and there is another doe right at the fense 65yds out, she never came over just turned and walked away. At this point shooting light is pretty much gone so I requiver my arrow and let the bow down.. Just as I let the rope go I see 2 walking right to us bout 20yds out, I tell my g/f to get ready as they are gonna walk right under us which they did, and one stops 8 feet from the tree slightly quartered away. Keep in mind she has never taken a shot this close and at that angle. She draws, takes aim, and shot.......... right over her back. The doe jumped and looked around and ended up looking right up at us then took off.. Needless to say it was a very eventful evening and great hunt! I will be back in that stand tomorrow and hopefully have a bloody arrow in the quiver tomorrow night..

As for the moon watchers... If 12:00 is straight up 9:00 is right in front of me and 3:00 is right behind me the moon was at about 1:00.. Temps were in the 50's wind was 2-3mph off and on..

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Headed out for an evening sit... Really??
uploadfromtaptalk1350936517903.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck out there! Definitely a little warm for this time of year, but it will cool down this weekend and it'll kick starts things!!!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Had 2 does come outta nowhere couldnt get a shot off.. one would eat and the other look at me.. damned if i do damned if I dont.. I got a feelin that nothing is gonna get a carbon injection this year...

Last edited: