Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_6944.jpeg
🖕🏻

• Haha
Reactions: giles and Dustinb80

Buckmaster

Portage
Jaden’s still in ICU. I was going to visit tonight but his platelet levels are way down. They will be administering another blood transfusion from 6-midnight. When his platelet levels drop he begins hemorrhaging. He’s fighting and this should give him one last chance to overcome his internal Challenges. His diagnosis is ITP likely caused by an antibiotic.

Buckmaster

Portage
Jaden came home today after 6 days in ICU. They almost lost him 3 times. We are all physically, emotionally, and financially exhausted (12k). Jaden the same. He's not hungry thus won't swollow his dozen pills a day. He simply wants to sleep but he's happier at home and so are we. Probably caused from an infected zit on his back with a prescription antibiotic administered by his local vet. It triggered an immune system reversal and internal self destruction killing off his platelets. https://www.mspca.org/angell_services/immune-mediated-thrombocytopenia-itp-in-dogs/
IMG_1020.jpeg

Buckmaster

Portage
The vet has called. My daughter is now headed home from College to join me as we go meet Jaden for our last time. We’ve exhausted all avenues and have done everything possible to save Jaden. I can sleep well knowing that I have done my part to serve Jaden that best served our family and friends. He was God’s blessing to my family and today we get to return Jaden back to God. We will never be the same and he will always have a special place in our hearts. He will be missed on those tough tracking days. So long; my best friend. 🥲
IMG_2064.png