Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Turkeys spring 23'

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good luck Doug!
I just went to Rocky Fork to get my boat license. Saw three out in a field at the end of my road. One strutter. They are still doing what they do it appears.

Wiley E Coyote

View attachment 178574
That was a couple of well spent hours - for me. Mason on the other hand did not hear a bird. His buddy drove an hour to get here at 5 only to get shut out. Tomorrow they may gobble all

Good luck Doug!
I just went to Rocky Fork to get my boat license. Saw three out in a field at the end of my road. One strutter. They are still doing what they do it appears.
Seen a nice one outside if Lebanon with a hen yesterday. City bird!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
So there I was, standing around drinking a beer & HE comes by .. .

Screenshot_20230519_141616_SPYPOINT.jpg

Isaacorps

Columbus
I made it out last Friday. Got in between where the one I’ve been after all season was and his hens. He did the same thing he’s always done and didn’t make a peep after fly down. His hens were pretty vocal so I just waited them out. I called a few times and one of the hens came in to 5 years clucking and purring. She never busted me and worked off. About 30 minutes later I heard another hen on the opposite ridge so I cut off her calling to piss her off. It worked. She flew across the holler to my side and perched in a tree above me. I messed with her for over an hour and we had a real fun back and forth. He would gobble every ten minutes or so but never followed her over. She finally left and that was that. This ain’t his first rodeo. I got some really cool audio of her cutting, purring and yelping. Hunting these damn birds on public in the endless hills of the SE is one of the most difficult, frustrating yet most fun things I do. I might try a mid morning hunt tomorrow and possibly Sunday and that’ll be that. All in all it’s been a great season with a lot of miles put on, fun had, and lessons learned. Can’t wait to do it again!

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Congratulations @brock ratcliff ! And to all the other successful guys among your crew! Mason's 'The Season TV' channel is the real deal with awesome stuff! I thoroughly enjoyed the last two additions to the channel! Great job all the way around and you all keep up the good work! Love it!

Reactions: brock ratcliff