Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2015 Summer Gathering - Mingo Sportsman Club - July 24-26

Where should we have the shoot?

• Cotty's Club - NE OH

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Cardinal Center - Central OH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesse's Farm - SE OH

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • State Facility in Central Ohio

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
We will just back that fugger up to a bank.

Done this plenty of times, wasnt sure if there was something close. Theres also enough muscle, I just dont want to impose. Let me know Mike, and those suckers are coming out when i get home. Frees up 150lbs too!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Done this plenty of times, wasnt sure if there was something close. Theres also enough muscle, I just dont want to impose. Let me know Mike, and those suckers are coming out when i get home. Frees up 150lbs too!

I can bring a set if needed, just need to know before three.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I'm not gonna be able to make it up this year fellas. My buddy just bought some land with a big old pond on it and his damn is starting to go. He rented some equitment this weekend and needs some help. Between that and my niece being born it's probly best I stay close to the house. I'm pretty bummed I'm gonna miss a good time though!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just a heads up, if any of your GPS are telling you to stay on 70 toward wheeling and bypass 77, don't do it! There's a bridge out where 70 connects onto 7 north and it will Fugg you all up.

Those coming from the west, follow 70 until it merged into 77 north. You'll be on 77 for about 5 miles and then merge onto 22 east.

From the south, follow 77 until you hit 22 east at Cambridge.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Fellas, my best advice is to do this:

Type in the address to Smith Oil in Wintersville. It is 1424 Cadiz Rd. Wintersville.

That is the best road in. At Smith Oil you will take a right onto County Rd 34 (Bantam Ridge Rd). From that point you could either type in the GPS coordinates Jesse provided on the very first page or follow this:

At Smith Oil, take a right onto County 34. Travel 3.4 miles. that will put yuou at the bottom of Fernwood Hill. Take a right onto County 26. You will cross railroad tracks and a single lane bridge and head up the other side of Fernwood Hill. At the top of the hill, on the left is a Ranger Station. Do NOT turnm at the station. Stay straight! Go past that and take the next left about 2 miles down the road. That next left will put you right to the campsite. Can't miss it.

If you guys follow the coordinates straight from your house, you will be on some gravel township roads. they're not bad, just a heads up. the way I'm bringing you is a little nicer and not much farther at all. In fact, I'd say a couple minutes quicker.

Safe travels fellas!