Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2024 Spring Turkey

Wiley E Coyote

It was a beautiful morning out! Seen eight deer and one big gobbler. Heard several more.
1000001221.jpg

Chancegriffis

Salesville ohio
Mid day Osceola down. With all the wind they stayed roosted up. Ol boy flew down with 6 others and probably two dozen hens at 1155. Called him in to 32 yards whilst being busted by two Jake’s. Made the split second decision to put the bead on where I thought his head was and let the stoegger eat. Did the good ol flop and I blew about an a good chunk off his beard too! But he dropped and I had a 315 yard carry to the truck.

Attachments

• IMG_9417.jpeg
    IMG_9417.jpeg
    292 KB · Views: 50

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
Mid day Osceola down. With all the wind they stayed roosted up. Ol boy flew down with 6 others and probably two dozen hens at 1155. Called him in to 32 yards whilst being busted by two Jake’s. Made the split second decision to put the bead on where I thought his head was and let the stoegger eat. Did the good ol flop and I blew about an a good chunk off his beard too! But he dropped and I had a 315 yard carry to the truck.
Congrats!!!!

Reactions: Chancegriffis

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Outstanding.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

That's awesome man.

ThatBuckeyeGuy

Ohio
So I know this would only benefit a local but I was getting all my stuff ready for tomorrow and I have a new box of 12 gauge longbeard xr that I won't ever use. I shoot 20 gauge now . The only thing is it's #6 shot and I know alot of guys prefer bigger shot in 12 gauge. Either way if someone on here is local that wants them they're yours if not I'll give them to a local kid if I find one that's Into turkey hunting.
1000005140.jpg