Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Carpn Jr tagged out

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Thanks to all . I'm getting some prints made , and am going to get a picture frame to put them in and present to my dad . I also think I am going to make a shadow box to give my son with his beard , spurs , empty shell , and these pictures Incorporated .

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks everyone . I debated about even posting since I hadn't posted in awhile . But knew some of you all would appreciate his success , and it may prompt someone to get a youngster out . I'd always planned on waiting till he was 10, but turkey hunting is great for kids . I had to modify my normal strategy to suit him , but everything worked out well .

Nonsense bud, we all take some time away for various reasons so thanks for posting it. The only time I've ever see people get huffy over people disappearing and then popping back up is when they always pop back up to pimp something or self promote. Nobody would ever get mad about youth killing turkeys because that's just bad ass. Congrats to you and the boy on a successful season!.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Nonsense bud, we all take some time away for various reasons so thanks for posting it. The only time I've ever see people get huffy over people disappearing and then popping back up is when they always pop back up to pimp something or self promote. Nobody would ever get mad about youth killing turkeys because that's just bad ass. Congrats to you and the boy on a successful season!.

Yep , I hear ya . That's exactly why I was hesitant to post this , and was conscious of not posting my personal bird pics . The excitement of my son killing his birds was awesome . And I wanted to post as encouragement . I was really unsure how things would go at 7 yrs old . But we worked hard shooting and he was able to execute . I'd always kinda set 10 yrs old as the age he'd go for some reason . But when everyone was tagged out partway thru the 2016 season I was kicking myself for not trying to prepare him last yr . This yr he started talking about going on his own , without me saying a word . So we began to prepare , and I'm so glad .