Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Catching a trap thief 101....with kaiser878

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Kind of took a strange twist here. Could be a lot a legal BS where he was advised to stay quiet untill all papers are filled.

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
SOrry guys....my weekend was nuts at work.....

This whole weekend and the outcomes were completely anit-climactic as far as im concerned.....

Long story short I have put a ton of effort and work into finding this little fuck for the last 2-3 weeks.... As it turns out his future father in law is a friend of one of my best friends....We have met a bunch and talked and he is a co instructor for the trapper education courses....I got ahold of him fri night when I heard this kid was supposed to be gonig back out there.. I filled him in on the events and he was livid...he doesnt like this kid one bit....but his daughter is knocked up by him..... so he texted him on saturday morning and asked to go check his traps with him......this kid being an idiot said sure.....we will go at 1....so the father in law called me and said he would be gonig with him and he would text me where they were and when they arrived....

so I called my buddy who was waiting for them and got him in position....The informant for me texted me and said he was parking at the kids friends house...well through my investigating I knew what house it was and I replied "a two story yellow house?" he relied "yup..." so I told him he wuld be walking up a long road in the woods and he would be coming out in the southwest field on our lease....sure enough......thats where they popped out and I had told my buddy where to intercept them....

my buddy approached them and asked the alex kid what he was doing and yada yada yada.... he didnt bother the informant because he knew he was helping us... The alex kid said he had permission to be there and etc....my buddy showed him the map and showed him he didnt....same old song and dance as any trespasser...tried to look in his phone for land owner, obviously didnt have his number.....bla bla bla...

This is my buddies lease and I buy in... so my hands are tied... he didnt want to involve the law this time...he was mainly concerned about our informant getting in trouble...but I told him he wouldnt have.... so he gave the kid a spank on the peter and let him walk.....

Mind you, had he called the law....the kid had snares on the lease...no name tags....he was trespassing, and no hunting license....you do the math......

HE was asked if he stole the trap......obviously he said no.....

so its over until I catch him.....Then Ill take care of his ass!!!!1

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Still not to late to call the cops which is what should have been done in the first place. The future FIL should be knocking the shit out of him also but with the daughter involved? What a mess!!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Dang man... I'd be jacked as well! That fugger should've paid the price. I think I'd have to go to his house, show him the pics, and demand my shit back since your buddy doesn't wanna press charges. I'd at the very least get me property back.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm imagining how fun it would be to see film of the trespasser headed toward one of your sets, and as he's about 30 feet from it he hears the crack of a rifle then the "boom" of a big jar of tannerite going off right where the trap was supposed to be.

Reactions: Left field

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm imagining how fun it would be to see film of the trespasser headed toward one of your sets, and as he's about 30 feet from it he hears the crack of a rifle then the "boom" of a big jar of tannerite going off right where the trap was supposed to be.

That's a hell of an idea!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Get your shit back Zach....show him your pictures and proof...make him very aware that he better keep his ass out of there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Get your shit back Zach....show him your pictures and proof...make him very aware that he better keep his ass out of there.

I concur and I am usually one of the more docile ones.

I filled him in on the events and he was livid...he doesnt like this kid one bit....but his daughter is knocked up by him...

Tough spot for a father. thankfully my daughter isn't of this age yet. I would still rather see my daughter go through pregnancy single than see her make a second mistake in marrying a douche like this kid. Unfortunately, as a parent, her dad cannot control her heart anymore than he can change the boy's IQ. Tough spot for him indeed.

Reactions: Left field