Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Clinton county giant?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_7422.jpeg

I was surprised to see that upstate wardens video on youtube.

Maybe he should start a show with the walleye guys?

15years ago , here was a local wNY guy that shot a great buck (supposedly legit and maybe like the no2 of 2010) but then got caught brandishing some sheds off ebay of the next buck he was after. We have caught "team members" (cough cough) of two local webshows and podcasts trespassing., even having the latest "supposed" somebodies cited this season, Point in being, fame has always been a drug for some. CJ had to know his days were numbered but likely enjoyed the high, and spent the 50k immediately. "Ill try it" to "I cannot stop" to "Im in jail" to "gonna go clean" to
1703682920877.png

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Everything about all of this is stupid and this thread. Fuck that guy if he did it wrong and fuck the state thinking the deer is worth 30k. They don’t own the deer, the free people do. If they own the deer make them pay when one totals your vehicle or worse, kills someone. I’ve read this thread and I’m over it. Stupid deer, stupid hunters and stupid scoring system and stupid social media. Stupid me for even commenting

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Everything about all of this is stupid and this thread. Fuck that guy if he did it wrong and fuck the state thinking the deer is worth 30k. They don’t own the deer, the free people do. If they own the deer make them pay when one totals your vehicle or worse, kills someone. I’ve read this thread and I’m over it. Stupid deer, stupid hunters and stupid scoring system and stupid social media. Stupid me for even commenting
What's an appropriate punishment for poached deer in your opinion if not cash? Personally I think the fine should be more, but most of the losers poaching don't have the money to pay it anyways, so I'd settle for a year or two jail time.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
The same fine you would pay for any deer that was killed illegal. I get why they do it by the inches to deter poaching but, if you poach a spike is it less valuable than a booner. A deer is a deer. That spike could be the next Milo Hansen buck who knows.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
The same fine you would pay for any deer that was killed illegal. I get why they do it by the inches to deter poaching but, if you poach a spike is it less valuable than a booner. A deer is a deer. That spike could be the next Milo Hansen buck who knows.
I understand that, and agree. Most people aren't poaching spike bucks though either. I keep reading of the big box stores in certain areas refusing to prosecute theives if the amount of merchandise they steal is under a certain dollar amount. Theft is now rampant in those stores/areas. There needs to be some type of legal incentive to discourage would be law breakers, as obviously their own conscience isn't enough.

Floki

What's an appropriate punishment for poached deer in your opinion if not cash? Personally I think the fine should be more, but most of the losers poaching don't have the money to pay it anyways, so I'd settle for a year or two jail time.
Why should the state get the money? Shouldn’t the person whose property it was killed on get it…. Some of it….. Nope they get nothing.

If they take the money that means they own the deer /ODNR in my mind.

So why shouldn’t the state pay you when a deer runs out in front of you?

Not a fan of they system . 🤷🏼‍♂️

Floki

If I would have shot this deer. Only my close buddies would know.

Hunting is personal to me,I give two fuggs about other’s opinions or being in the limelight over what I shoot.

Regardless in my mind there is way more cons than pros posting things like this to social media.
🤷🏼‍♂️ to many jealous fuggers .

I don’t endorse poaching if he did poach it he shouldn’t be allowed to hunt agin.

If he shot it on his sisters place and didn’t have written permission from her but she allowed him to hunt. Well that’s shit to.

I will hold my judgment till proven in a court of law.