Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I’m actually pulling for TCU! Something about an underdog winning the fight, I guess I’ve always felt like an underdog growing up and having to work harder than most. I don’t dislike Georgia and I love the SEC. They won it last year and I don’t see any team dominating so I’m on the side of the underdog. Yeah I don’t care for bama either but it is what it is. ROLL TURD! There I said it 😂

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I’m actually pulling for TCU! Something about an underdog winning the fight, I guess I’ve always felt like an underdog growing up and having to work harder than most. I don’t dislike Georgia and I love the SEC. They won it last year and I don’t see any team dominating so I’m on the side of the underdog. Yeah I don’t care for bama either but it is what it is. ROLL TURD! There I said it 😂

Freaking LSU guys. SMH. There's a reason nobody likes y'all. 😅

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Man all these half-ass teams sure can put on a good show.
Call me out on it, don't care. Michigan stomps the shit out of TCU 9 out of 10 times. Michigan out everything'd TCU. Scored more than their offense. Outgained them. Just so happened michigan committed every possible catastrophic mistake on both sides of the ball imaginable, and still nearly beat them. TCU deserved the win. They capitalized on every mistake UM made. I root for TCU any other day of the week because I respect the type of school they are and I love their coach and the lineage he comes from. But I'll bet $20 to anybody on here that Georgia covers the point spread whatever it ends up being, and I hope I'm wrong

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That was a textbook tackle! Impressive.
Freaking LSU guys. SMH. There's a reason nobody likes y'all. 😅
I'd root for LSU, Georgia, UK. . . I think any SEC team. . .except Bama. There are only a couple schools I can't stand. And the one up north I would root for over Bama. 🤣

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
No way I could root for OSU over anyone. I'm jealous of BAMA and UGA. The amount of talent they get is ridiculous. And they have stud coaches top to bottom.
I just don't get the whole "SEC, SEC, SEC" thing. It's been explained dozens of times to me but I just can't get on board with that

Reactions: "J"

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Great tackle! Notice the TE blocks the wrong guy. You don't block the trail defender, you block the dude who blew it up

And ran right by him to do it too.😅. how are you going to ignore the defender jumping up and down in the slot waiving before the snap. He knows the route. 😅 at least bump him on the way through.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
. I think any SEC team. . .except Bama. There are only a couple schools I can't stand. And the one up north I would root for over Bama. 🤣

Screenshot_20230102-194737_Chrome.jpg

Bigcountry40

Does the opponent have something to do with how good or bad the other team appears to play? We all know they do, now mistakes are made, but the pressure of the game brought on by how the team you are playing is doing affects how you play. Perfect example, OSU kicker who is a solid kicker, feels the pressure try's to kick it harder and blows it. Like everyone says that is why they play the game, the championship game will be fun to watch, just as the last two games were.
Sometimes coaches will create packages or miss matches on either side of the ball to try to create something, when one team is so well rounded it doesn’t matter, example having a de travel to the weak tackles side on obvious passing downs.