Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finally some horn

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sorry man, but I know tons of hunters that have never seen a booner.

Yep. I've driven thousands of miles in Ohio looking for deer and I've never seen a Booner. IMO, you're in the minority if you've seen one. Hell even on this forum, you're in the minority if you've seen or killed one.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Sorry man, but I know tons of hunters that have never seen a booner.

No worries epe. I have been hunting for 17yrs, and the largest buck I have ever seen puts this deer to shame. I saw him during a Ravenna youth hunt, and he was bedded down under a train deck on the side of a building in a restricted zone. I have also seen deer similiar in size to this in Plumbrook NASA (I grew up outside the fence on one of the dead end roads).

Don't you know there are monsters behind every tree in Ohio:smiley_clap:

epe

Lancaster
I've hunted 25 years, and never seen one in the woods that I am aware of, seen some nice ones, but don't think they were booners.. Biggest one I've seen is the one in my pic, and he grossed 162 something... I forget is Ravenna fenced in? I know nasa is, and have heard of huge ones in there....

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Yep, both Ravenna and NASA are fenced.

Jesse, you ready to plant that corn in the hollar next year? Same saying goes for the woman up here....you know when they're corn fed :)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry that it wasn't you that got him Adam, we were all pulling for you but like you and others have said, it just wasn't meant to be. It's tough to swallow sometimes but as long as he was killed legally we have to be happy and congratulate the fortunate hunter. There is a lot of luck evolved when big ones are killed, IMO.

Stay after em buddy and good luck!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Sorry that it wasn't you that got him Adam, we were all pulling for you but like you and others have said, it just wasn't meant to be. It's tough to swallow sometimes but as long as he was killed legally we have to be happy and congratulate the fortunate hunter. There is a lot of luck evolved when big ones are killed, IMO.

Stay after em buddy and good luck!

Thanks Ric. I have no reason to believe this deer wasn't killed legally but I am curious about all the shooting that was going around the area that day. I posted in the live hunt thread about all the racket that morning, and Huck said the same thing. I checked to see if it was youth season there was that much.Curious if that also moved him out of his home range. I had this deer figured out, just had to match the time in the stand and my work schedule just didn't work out this year lol!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
And correction on the scenario.

Kelly was in a different woods to the NW. These deer cruise between 7-10 different wood lots, but only a few are bedding areas. I miss the big woods of southern ohio.....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Adam I really respect your good attitude and not letting it get you down.
It funny - the deer are out there, and we're out there.....it's just a matter of our paths converging....we can do everything to increase the odds in our favor, but ultimately it's not in our hands.

It would be nice if we could hunt whenever we wanted.