Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Yote ever.

Ricer2231

Thanks buddy. Rats are the easiest thing there is to put up. All ya gotta do is get the cheek meat off the face and basically flesh any fat there is and that's it. The buyers want you to leave the "saddle",the thin layer of meat on their back, on them for some reason. 10 minutes to put one up tops.

Ricer2231

Thanks Brian. To tell ya the truth a good payday would be nice but as much fun and experience I have gotten this year the payday is just the icing on the cake. But don't get me wrong, I love icing TOO.

Ricer2231

I wanted to get all my furs hung to get a pics for future reference. The two yotes I caught are tanned so they're not in the pic.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392495247.852500.jpg
Auction March 8th.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I must have missed the part about you getting the 2nd yote. :smiley_chinrub:

Anyway, you had a great season!

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Awesome!!! Always loved going to the fur auction!!!! Back in the early 80's we would go to Vollmars park outside of Grand Rapids. It was a all day affair with lots of buyers and sellers!!!

Ricer2231

I got the OSTA auction this weekend so we will see how that goes. If they aren't paying very good my furs are off to Canada to the NAFA auction to be auctioned in May.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I got the OSTA auction this weekend so we will see how that goes. If they aren't paying very good my furs are off to Canada to the NAFA auction to be auctioned in May.

That's where my a few of my buddies send theirs. I will sending mine to Canada next year, I plan on hitting the coon hard.

Ricer2231

I had lot#11 this morning and was there bright and early. Prices were not looking too good on coon from the get go but I was lot#11 so i didn't have to wait too long to see what was going to happen. Xxxl coon were bringing anywhere from $9.00-$12.00 and that was it. The crazy part is people were selling them and not taking them back. Zander was the big buyer there and he was buying everything he could get his hands on. My coon came up and I had 9 xxxl #1s which sold for around $20.00 in Canada in February. Zander bid my xxxl coon to $11.00 and I told the auctioneer I would not sell them for that. Zander asked me wha I had to have out of them and I told him no less than $14.50 and he said how bout $13.00 and I told him no less than $14.50 and took them off the table. Same thing with my xxl coon. I told him I wouldn't take the too bud of $9.00 and told the too bidder, Zander again, I needed $11.00 and he said how bout $10.00 and I took them off the table. Xxl #1s sold for $15.00 in Canada in February. By now I was good and pissed off and pulled the remainder of my coon from the auction, bagged them and now they are en route to Canada. I just couldn't bring myself to "give" them away. My rats on the other hand did good and I averaged right at $10.00 for them. So the rats and possums sold and the coon head up north.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Good for you don for doing your homework and not giving them away. I hate perpetual dickerers at auctions

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Way too go!!!! If everybody there did the same you guys would have got your money. I said slide them more than a few time back when we trapped big time. Buyers look at ya like WTF but they are the D-heads. Lot less buyers than there use to be so there isn't that much compatition on that side of the table. I watch a guy walk with 200 fox before and the buyer was pissed because he thought the guy would fold and he didn't.