Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FirstLite 30% sale.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Gotta say I really like the gear after 1.5 lifetimes (45 years) of hunting in bargain stuff or what Cabelas had in the Old days of their Bargain Cave.

1715649814204.png

SYFW5764.JPG

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
What’s the advantages of FL over Sitka? Substantial or negligible?
I’ve never worn anything from Sitka so i dont have an opinion on it. Most of FL is merino wool based, so it keeps you warm, but also helps wick moisture off you really well. I think @bowhunter1023 switched from FL to Sitka so he may be able to shed some light. I know a lot of people that wear FL base layers and Sitka for their outerwear

Stressless

Keene, OH
What’s the advantages of FL over Sitka? Substantial or negligible?

Wore Stika that neighbor Cliff had (He has both Stika and FL) on a hunt, ( https://theohiooutdoors.com/threads/stressless-2020-compendium.26809/page-4#post-776901) where I killed my 3rd biggest buck. So I didn't have a 'bad' hunt with Stika threads. I sat against a Wild Cherry and sounded, in that cold silent OH evening, like I was wearing velcro every time I moved it sounded like a zipper, cloth coming off/or moving along the bark. Looked it up on-line and that's one thing other guys were saying. Both are good quality gear. The silence that FL provides was the clincher for me as I hunt 97.5% with a vertical bow.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm one of those FL layer, Sitka outerwear guys. Love the FL Kiln and Furnace layers, along with their Foundary pants. I became a Sitka fanboy last fall and absolutely do not regret it. Killing my buck on 12/13 on a cold, windy day and being warm doing it was something I never imagined was possible. Two layers of FL under the Sitka Fanatic outerwear the cat's ass.

Wiley E Coyote

Give Asbell wool a look guys. Sew by hand in Michigan by Teresa Asbell. Sheds water, blocks wind, light weight functions great,super tough and by far the quietest outwear I've ever owned and is a very fair price . The wool patterns are excellent camo in the woods too. When you wear one of her garments in the woods you will love it. The path finder pull over for only $120 is a awesome top for Ohio bow season