Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fullbore gone and went FULLBORE🤣

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Congrats Ron! Excellent job!

First thing I thought when I saw this pic was that you guys look like Siamese twins LOL
IMG_1321.jpeg

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Thanks everyone! I gotta say that last nights hunt ranks up there as one of my most exciting and memorable hunts ever! First off, I have only started hunting with a crossbow this year! I’ve bow hunted since 1978 and my first bow was a Bear Whitetail II. Lol
Anywho…. With facing shoulder surgery in a couple months I have had to start hunting with a crossbow ( that Xbow Rick) helped me find last year.
It’s become harder and harder to climb high into the trees like I used too so I’ve been hunting out of ground blinds and ladder stands more as well.
On to the hunt! Lol
I committed to using this buck decoy that has laid in the attic for several years. Since my first day of vacation this week. I had 4 bucks commit and give me shot opportunity’s using that thing!
After sitting in my blind since first light I saw a mature buck nudging does in the far alfalfa field. He was pushing the 2 doe’s towards me, but still 250 yards away. They worked my direction to within a hundred or so yards. I caught movement of another buck joining in on the action.
Then it happened! I’ve been head on a swivel and here this buck comes! Stiff legged, ears layed back, licking his lips posturing towards my decoy! I had very little time to field judge him and so it was decision making time! He was closing in on my deke at a quartering too position, so I centered up the crosshairs on his chest and squeezed the trigger! That bolts literally blew through him and he lost all interest in that decoy! Lol. He took off like a rocket heading towards the tree line in a death run around 100 yards! We found him just inside the tree line piled up!
That Slick Trick broadhead did its job! I caught the top of the heart and centered the opposite lung. He was dead with in a minute of the shot!
Thanks again for kind words. Good luck and be safe! God bless!