Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gallbladder.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Joe, I can give you local recommendations on surgeons and depending on where you choose to go depends on what other stuff I can offer.

I can answer any questions you have about the anesthesia and summer about the actual surgery.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
My wife had hers out about 10 years ago. I asked her and wished I hadn't. Like Beeners wife, it's "gotta go now". And more fluid drive than solid. But she eats terrible. Friggin snack cakes and diet pop and all unhealthy shit, so it probably doesnt help her. must be nice to have high metabolism

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Went to the doc today. She said it was classic gallbladder or medically called billary collic. She did a full blood work up today to include enzymes for liver, gallbladder, and pancreas and scheduled an ultrasound for Tuesday. I told her I better be able to shoulder and fire a 12 ga on the first of sept or we'll be doing surgery on the 2nd. Lol.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Joe good luck on your up coming removal if that what it takes.
I need my thumb joint scraped but I told the Doctor it'll have to be January as deer season is coming up and I can't be laid up. He just goes OK.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Went to the doc today. She said it was classic gallbladder or medically called billary collic. She did a full blood work up today to include enzymes for liver, gallbladder, and pancreas and scheduled an ultrasound for Tuesday. I told her I better be able to shoulder and fire a 12 ga on the first of sept or we'll be doing surgery on the 2nd. Lol.

Thattaboy! Don't want to see you miss the dove opener just to get yourself partially field dressed!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sucks to get old my friend...

I've treated myself like crap for a long time. Hate vegetables, high cholesterol, screw exercise, smoked like a train, ate bacon to the max, drank 1-3 energy drinks a day for years, went weeks without a glass of water and instead drank pop. I've changed all of that over the past 6 month, dropped 17 pounds, cut out all energy drinks, rarely drink pop, eat more vegetables, love water and trying to be more active, maybe 2-3 smokes a week now and now I fall apart. Lol. Sucks getting healthy.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I've treated myself like crap for a long time. Hate vegetables, high cholesterol, screw exercise, smoked like a train, ate bacon to the max, drank 1-3 energy drinks a day for years, went weeks without a glass of water and instead drank pop. I've changed all of that over the past 6 month, dropped 17 pounds, cut out all energy drinks, rarely drink pop, eat more vegetables, love water and trying to be more active, maybe 2-3 smokes a week now and now I fall apart. Lol. Sucks getting healthy.

That's what happened to the wife lol. Went on a long bike ride and then she got the bright idea that she would bike the mile to work....BOOM heart attack. Screw it, I'm going to die someday of something so I might as well do what I want and enjoy the time I have lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It is hard on the body to be healthy. All that hard work, exercise, and not as tasty foods. . . Ugh

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
CT scan came back clean. No stones or narrowing of the common bile duct. Next up is a HIDA scan to test if the GB is functioning correctly. It could have just said screw it and decided to walk off the job.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Is that the liquid they give you too check its function? If it's bad you'll feel like throwing up very fast lol...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You'll know within a minute or so if it's bad.... The wife had that when she was having issues and it was instant nausea.....