Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Goin' fishing!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I almost forgot what I think was the best part of our trip.
The lake was covered with "Bassmaster-types" on Saturday. Bass boats with TV crews all over the place due to a big tournament. So we walk out on the dock and Mason starts catching perch. Along come Shaw Grisby fishing the docks with cameras rolling. He is probably 40 feet away from us when Mason says " Dad, that's that guy you cant stand to watch on TV!"... hahaha. Love that kid!

:smiley_crocodile:

That's priceless man!!! Glad to see you all had a good time!!!

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
I almost forgot what I think was the best part of our trip.
The lake was covered with "Bassmaster-types" on Saturday. Bass boats with TV crews all over the place due to a big tournament. So we walk out on the dock and Mason starts catching perch. Along come Shaw Grisby fishing the docks with cameras rolling. He is probably 40 feet away from us when Mason says " Dad, that's that guy you cant stand to watch on TV!"... hahaha. Love that kid!

HAHAHA thats priceless!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My mom and dad wanted to have the entire family (my sister's and brother's families) join them for a week of fishing on Chataqua next week. I told them we would not be able to make it since taking a week off to fish means shutting down our business. We already have a week off planned for our annual trip to MI next month. After talking with Mom today, I just couldn't help myself and decided we would leave Sunday morning, head to the lake and fish Sunday evening-Tuesday morning. Now, instead of fishing in the morning, I'll be getting some new tires for the boat and packing gear... Anyway, has anyway fished Chataqua yet this season? I've got a few spots to hit, but I think I'm gonna be running around looking for jumbo perch holes for Mom and crew to fish the remainder of the week. Still, hope to bump into a smallie or walleye while I'm there!