Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB HELP!!GSP

jlewis4390

Wasn’t sure where to post this guys but thought with all the people on here someone might be able to point me in the right direction ... I have a 12 year old gsp male who has cancer and can no longer hunt due to it .. we have had many Great seasons hunting wild and preserve birds but I would like to get another male gsp to replace him with so hoping someone on here knows of some litters or Kennels or maybe even an older rescue someone cannot care for anymore ... all info appreciated thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Call Dean Hatfield at Holly Hills Preserve. If he doesn’t have any, he will know someone who does. I also watch a GSP rescue page on Facebook. You might check that out. Always dogs on there.

Deans number is 937 981 2835.

Reactions: giles and Jamie

jlewis4390

Call Dean Hatfield at Holly Hills Preserve. If he doesn’t have any, he will know someone who does. I also watch a GSP rescue page on Facebook. You might check that out. Always dogs on there.

Deans number is 937 981 2835.

Thanks Brock I will give him a call tomorrow I have been there a couple times hunting my male now and had him in a couple trials he held before

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He’s a good friend of mine. Couple of years ago I was worried about my dogs health and wanted another. Called him and he found me another good dog in a few days. I hunted with him for a year or so and he was a good dog. My kid hated him and I don’t even know why so I sold him to another buddy. That dog had one heck of a nose!

jlewis4390

He’s a good friend of mine. Couple of years ago I was worried about my dogs health and wanted another. Called him and he found me another good dog in a few days. I hunted with him for a year or so and he was a good dog. My kid hated him and I don’t even know why so I sold him to another buddy. That dog had one heck of a nose!

Bout to give him a holler here in a few appreciate the heads up Brock

jlewis4390

Well Matt answered and said they don’t have any and gave me a number to a guy who had some and he’s all sold out so still on the lookout for one

Reactions: giles and Dustinb80

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Guys are in and out of that place all the time, swapping and selling dogs. Dean will run across one. I’ll talk to dean and tell him I know a guy looking. Matt is a good guy but it won’t stay on his radar for long I don’t imagine. PM me your name and number.

jlewis4390

Well guys quest is over bought an amazingly bred male pointer from a buddy of mine ...time to put some birds down [emoji51][emoji51] file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/af/15/A99D2236-6325-46E5-B33E-71F043561386/image000001.jpg

Reactions: giles

jlewis4390

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nic looking dog! I spoke with Dean a couple days ago. He said there would be plenty for sale first part of March. Glad you found one and happy hunting

jlewis4390

Nic looking dog! I spoke with Dean a couple days ago. He said there would be plenty for sale first part of March. Glad you found one and happy hunting

I found a gsp and was gonna pull the trigger but my buddy has a super good champion dog he has won a couple trials at deans actually with his English pointer named cutter and this pup is from his dog and is already started and been shot over so I couldn’t pass it up [emoji51]

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah. I’m tempted to call em but I think I can restrain myself. That’s a well taken care of dog. Unless he’s laying dead in a patch of crp, his owner has to be looking for him. I had one stolen a few years ago and I spent a small fortune trying to get him back.

Reactions: giles