Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jeremy's 2015 Season

jeremy44230

Medina County
Hoping so...

Leaving work early Friday and heading to Coshocton for the evening. May camp there or leave and return in the am on Saturday until noon or so.

Looking forward to more seat time over the next few weeks

jeremy44230

Medina County
Slipping out of work a bit early this afternoon to start hunting. I'll be hitting it hard tomorrow through Monday! Pumped and looking forward to seeing some movement.... I'll be tuned in to TOO'ville as well.

Good luck to all that will be out this weekend

jeremy44230

Medina County
Last night, I slipped into a stand at 4:30 and immediately saw 2 deer and that was it.

Sat all day today and saw 1 small buck this morning and a BB this morning. The rest of the day I worked on my tan.... Wow was it hot!

We will see how it goes tomorrow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck this weekend. Hope you see some better action. I would think it should be picking up daily.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck out there. Tomorrow should be much better than today! Cooler temps, and if we just get some light rain I think the deer will be up and about.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Whelp.... Tonight ended four solid days in the stands. Amounted to a whopping 10 deer sightings. No shooters, one chase at a distance, 2 shot opportunities!

I got tomorrow off TOO. I'll be hunting closer to home. I need to get away from the property I've been hunting! Hopefully some new scenery will bring about some good changes....

jeremy44230

Medina County
I saw more deer before 10:00 today than i saw in 5 solid days hunting last week..... Only 2 dink bucks, but it was an exciting morning.

Ended up shooting a doe. Sorry, no pics. I had to sling an arrow. She was about 15 yards away, hit her high on steep angle. She only made it 50 yards and I saw her drop.

This year I am using nockturnals for the first time. It was cool to see the green light as she ran. The grim reaper put in work! (As usual) not much blood due to shot angle/placement. Mostly internal bleeding.

Back at it tomorrow morning the afternoon.

jeremy44230

Medina County
I was really excited to get out today. I took my brother (13) and daughter (7). My brother was hunting and daughter watching. This is his 3rd year hunting and was yet to pull the trigger.

We set up in a blind in a good spot for seeing deer. Well....the deer never showed. We sat until 10:00 and then left for the truck and campfire to relax. I ran out with my daughter for some pizza for all. My buddy took my brother to slip around while I was gone.

When I got back I noticed they appeared to be on something and close to the trucks! Sure enough they had been stalking a doe for about 45 minutes playing cat and mouse with no good shots. I slipped in and my bro and I made a move around to get a hopeful shot. We got it. He shot, the deer ran and I was left unsure if he hit it. We looked for blood for a bit and as we were about to call it, I walked a little more...BLOOD!

The blood was not good and now I was even more unsure of the shot. We backed out for an hour. We came back and I found blood with bubbles. I got happy but that quickly left. The blood got less and less. Then the deer popped up and ran sorely away a little bit.

I lost the blood almost completely. Couple little spots. I thought I smelled gut.

We slipped up on the deer and put it down!

Sure enough a gut shot......

It was a BB.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448148591.061906.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448148624.093416.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448148650.242705.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448148678.993190.jpg