Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kaisers ill attempt at trapping

Kaiser878

ohio
it was actually a female, I was suprised by the size also.. I am actually at work, my buddy checks the traps the three days a week I work! Go figure, the day I gotta work!

Diablo54

Outside
it was actually a female, I was suprised by the size also.. I am actually at work, my buddy checks the traps the three days a week I work! Go figure, the day I gotta work!

Be ready to catch the males there for a few days. They should be there after her scent. Should be breeding.

Kaiser878

ohio
Put a trap out in the creek by my house on a whim. Checked it tonight after work and to my surprise I had my first crick catch uploadfromtaptalk1360286789160.jpg

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Is that a mink? It looks alive...thats hilarious about the yote..should make tracking him easier..:D

Ricer2231

Damn mink will ruin more muskrat hides than anything I can think of. When I first started trapping rats I couldn't figure out what was eating the backs out of the occasional rat. Then the fella that got me started trapping told me to set a couple leg holds by a few of my conibears. Sure enough I caught a mink a couple nights later when he snuck in to have a meal.

Kaiser878

ohio
Is that a mink? It looks alive...thats hilarious about the yote..should make tracking him easier..:D
sure is eric...and a big one too. thats the way he was positioned in the trap....needless to say he was a little stiff.

Ya, it is funny about the yote...but man does it piss me off....everytime I miss one by a few inches it pisses me off, now I have 3 of his toes and nothing else to show for it...huge slap in the face!!!!! ha

Milo

Tatonka guide.
sure is eric...and a big one too. thats the way he was positioned in the trap....needless to say he was a little stiff.

Ya, it is funny about the yote...but man does it piss me off....everytime I miss one by a few inches it pisses me off, now I have 3 of his toes and nothing else to show for it...huge slap in the face!!!!! ha

What traps you got zach? I have had to put my purchases off but think im going to pull the trigger tomorrow..

Kaiser878

ohio
What traps you got zach? I have had to put my purchases off but think im going to pull the trigger tomorrow..

bridger #2

I have one catch and one slip out with them..

I will be purchasing some MB 550s for next year though.. taylor obviously knows more about what traps to use than I do..

Diablo54

Outside
Those Bridgers should be good traps kaiser. Are they modified? The MB 550's are supposedly awesome according to my dad. I've never messed with one.

Kaiser878

ohio
Ya they are built well Taylor, but no they are not modified.. This summer I will beef up the dogs, as they are flimsy. and I will probably double coil spring them...While I am at it I should probably laminate them.. Are your laminated Taylor?

I will own a half or a full dozen MB550s before next season

Kaiser878

ohio
Another.one down this morning. Tricked her on the old "boner" set. Ha
I put two traps on it. One on the.north and one on the south. Because there's no real barrier to keep them from approaching from either side ... looks like in her trouble she found the other trap as well

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361794872952.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361794872952.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 125
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361794882231.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361794882231.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 125