Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

K's Spot - Creating Something from Nothing

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
uploadfromtaptalk1473448925080.jpg

She was pumped when she say the "tent" today and realized she could see "her food plot" down below. Can't wait for our first hunt here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Wanted to up date this with a couple pics from our first hunt down there this year. Deer have been seen on every hunt so far and this is actually where I wounded Wilson on Veteran's Day. After years of trying to get my dad to let a couple strategic areas of the farm grow up, he relented and now they are really holding deer. This spot will exceed my expectations if we can leave those areas alone. Lot's of good topography funneling deer in to this bottom and the thick cover immediately adjacent to it really helps pull them in to shooting range. We'll be sitting here tonight as a family for the second time during gun season with hopes of Tracie taking the first deer from here. Every time I sit here I get excited about what's to come from this spot!

Not a bad view...

The top pic is her face as a BB came down the hogsback that's just south of the blind (pic is looking west) and the bottom pic is a young 8 point that came through right behind the BB.

View outside the blind. Wilson was standing just to the right of the big oak when I shot him...

Gordo

Athens County
Skunked. First skunked hunt of the season here in Ohio. Been a very slow couple of weeks down here. Strangely so almost...

Sounds like it's been slow for a good number of folks. Deer must be worn down from the last month and not moving with the pressure.

It still amazes me how 'tight' deer will hold this time of year. I've almost had to step on them to bust'em out and onto their feet. Impressive to see them spring up and haul ass outta there in a hurry. It's like whitetail 'rabbit mode'.