Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Last of the great ones.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The boys from Chillicothe were John-KIA in Africa, Jully 1944. His brother Harold was KIA in Germany in April 1945, and hours later the brother Bill was killed in the pacific...on the SAME DAY! It's shameful that it took that long for me to find any information on them. I had to call my uncle (Dave and Butch's youngest brother) to find out their last name. Their mother was the only triple gold star mother in the state. Poor Harold had almost made it through the war in Europe.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My mom was fishing yesterday so I couldn't get her on her cell. Just called her about the Dennewitz boys. My grandfather was the minister of their church and had the gruesome task of officiating their memorial services. Apparently all of those boys were friends of my uncles while growing up. Having my own children now, I can't imagine what the families of WWII servicemen went through. I'm sure it's the same today with kids abroad, the only difference being that everyone left stateside was busy attending memorial services with so many men being killed.

And now, we have a muslim running the show. Aren't we at war with Islam?

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Last I heard we were losing our WWII Vet's at rate of 1,000 day. A legacy we will never get back and I fear will never repeat its self!