Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

LIVE! From the Stand 2023-2024 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The face you make when you find a fresh rub 😁

20230914_184958(0).jpg

Got rained on for over an hours yesterday afternoon but I stuck it out and it was worth the ride. Ended up seeing a doe and getting 4 bucks within 50 yards. 1 was a shooter but he wouldn't cooperate. Older deer that looked to be 5-6 and still a 6 point "wish i could have alteast got a pictureof him". Two were dang half racks. Not sure what's up with that. Definitely will hit this spot again soon. They were killing the white oaks.
Screenshot_20230917_100612_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230917_100623_Gallery.jpg

Johnny44

When I lived in Pooler, I hunted Effingham and Emmanuel County. Bow season was BRUTAL, but I love to hunt. I sweated, swatted and probably scared more than I saw. Always looked forward to the first cold front to knock em back. One year we had a super early frost. They were non-existent, then a tropical storm brought some in. I went to clear some downed trees and hang a stand. It looked like I had measles. I remember one time I stopped to take a piss and promptly started and had to walk and piss at the same time just for some relief. But man those Thermacells are amazing. Made it not just bearable, but comfortable.

Reactions: the Lackster