Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

my hunting rig , ( for now)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm hoping to do something similar. I still plan to kill something with Dad's recurve and the arrahs Geezer made up for me. Then of course my longbow. FOr serious work though I still have two compounds that will drive nails clear across a bean field...no way I'm gonna leave 'em out of the mix once things get serious. Probably get tired of hunting and just start shooting 'em with a rifle. I haven't tried that yet, but seems to be a good way to kill the really big ones!:)

it wouldnt take much for me to give it up . seems all i want is meat in the freezer . not in the mood for the hunt end of the deal . and DAMN a rifle sounds like my kind of hunt .

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You should come down here for a weekend to hunt. You just need a change of scenery. I think I'm gonna start tresspassin on the neighbor's place just to see what it looks like too...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Having thought about that, you really should come down! I'd have a blast watching you and Jay get to know each other. Two hippies having a smoke and busting rocks would make a good movie!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You're a wussie. Was it too heavy? Did it get cold? Did it rip the chest hair outta ya? Get back in the saddle and go kill a deer with that rattle-trap!

well i havnt given up yet . but i aint far away . think i will put a set of sights on it . those 4 inch 20 yard groups are fuggin with me . if i shoot one with the compound , i want it to be a distance shot . like 40 or 50 yards .

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Are you shooting at longer range? Personally, I shoot better groups at longer distance than I do close. Sounds like BS, but it's the truth. I probably don't work as hard on the close shots as I do long range. And it may have something to do with my arrows stabilizing a little more over distance. Beats me, but thats how it works for me. Hang with it buddy.....And put a sight on it!