Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

No Till Food Plots - So Easy

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_6729.jpeg
IMG_6761.jpeg
Before and after -

This year I wanted to get another cover crop growing, prior to putting tomatoes in the ground. With this unusually early Summer - I seeded our NitroBoost into the Carbon Load. I allowed it to get started and then mowed off the carbon Load to create a dense thatch.

I will allow this to grow for a month or so and then I’ll put weed matting down and get my tomatoes planted.

When food-plotting, farming, gardening - it pays to always be experimenting within the confines of the soil health principles.

Here is to a great growing season!!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
“Some of the biomass is almost as tall as me” - not bad when the guy on the other end is 6’3!!!

The numbers of texts about the biomass the Carbon Load creates is far too great to even share. This will get planted with our NitroBoost very soon and all that above ground biomass will be converted to plant food for the NB. It will suppress weeds and the nutrient cycling will continue!!

Planting season is upon us!!

IMG_5415.jpeg

at1010

*Supporting Member*
There are a lot of great companies out there. Here is a little about how/why/what we wanted to bring to the table when it comes to food plotters to gardeners to farmers. Thanks for giving it a watch!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
IMG_6868.jpeg

Ok ok. I know I know - I talk about exclusion fences a lot but I just cannot explain the importance enough. I continue to learn from them.

This field is new and has a sub 5 ph (although lime has been applied). Deer are eating in it often and it’s a good sized field (a few acres).

All that said - the Carbon Load is putting on TONNAGE right now. However, look at the inside of the cage in comparison. It’s a difference in feet! The deer have removed and kept the growth outside the fence at a reduced rate of regeneration.

Now that’s not all bad but certainly will help us to make decisions on doe harvest, foliar applications, and seeding/plant density to give us the best fields possible for our soils and wildlife.

Reactions: Stressless