Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio Turkey Hunting Report

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I heard one gobble WAY off in the distance this morning. I boogied out around 830-900 and saw one as I was walking out. Go figure.

Maybe some of the seasoned guys will chime in. I have heard there isn't any rhythm or rhym to when they are vocal and when they are not. Some days they are talking. Other days quiet. Sound accurate turkey gurus? If so, I took it as they are still moving, just not as vocal. Accurate?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I heard one gobble WAY off in the distance this morning. I boogied out around 830-900 and saw one as I was walking out. Go figure.

Maybe some of the seasoned guys will chime in. I have heard there isn't any rhythm or rhym to when they are vocal and when they are not. Some days they are talking. Other days quiet. Sound accurate turkey gurus? If so, I took it as they are still moving, just not as vocal. Accurate?

Join the club.... I just do it for fresh air and getting glimpses of eagles every once in a while.... They're extinct here lol
Thinking about sticking with groundhogs lol....

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Turkey are silly critters really . They aren't smart . But they do have great survival instincts . If they don't gobble they're pretty boring to hunt . They're also pretty predictable , until they see a buddy gets shot in the face . Stick with it guys . It'll work out .

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The bird I'm going to name mobey dick pitched away towards a bird gobbling 300 yards in the distance. Can't win with this sucker.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well had o e that was closer than I thought, didn't like my position and the direction he was coming from. Moved about 10 yds. and haven't heard a thing since. Amateur mistake.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My buddy Clint, his son Ike, and Mason. Mason pulled the trigger on this bird. Working one for Ike now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 121

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Got one a couple hundred yards south of me... Gobbles about every 20 minutes.... Doesn't sound like it's getting closer though....

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got up pulled the decoys and moved up the ridge. Was just about to the mineral site and heard a gobble down over the hill. Set up the decoys and positioned myself about 15 yds up hill. Never heard anything for about 15 minutes. Put a couple soft yelps out and here pops a hen up over the hill. She starts cutting and becomes curious in the decoys. I thought for sure she had the gobbler in toe, but no such luck.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Pretty quiet here after flydown this morning but i'm pretty comfy in my blind.Hopefully it wont be raining tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 0430160844a.jpg
    0430160844a.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 0430160843.jpg
    0430160843.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 122
  • 0430160910.jpg
    0430160910.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 131