Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening day

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There is nothing better than opening day. Any opening day will do.
Mason and I started the season off this morning. He bagged six. I came home empty handed. It was a fine morning, probably the nicest I can recall for opening day.
IMG_8511.jpeg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It was a perfect morning. I sat in a public dove field until about 9:00. It was pretty slow compared to most years. I think the two big storm fronts last week and the full moon this week pushed most of the local birds out. Still had a great time with a few buddies, though. Brought home 2 doves.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IMG_9805.jpeg
IMG_9806.jpeg
IMG_9797.jpeg

From opening day to the very last, I almost always feel that each stage of the season is my favorite. The reason I get that feeling this time of year is that we get together with friends at least once a week to run beagles or take bird dogs to a friends pheasant preserve. The lies told and vistas enjoyed are pretty hard to beat.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
View attachment 191672View attachment 191673View attachment 191674
From opening day to the very last, I almost always feel that each stage of the season is my favorite. The reason I get that feeling this time of year is that we get together with friends at least once a week to run beagles or take bird dogs to a friends pheasant preserve. The lies told and vistas enjoyed are pretty hard to beat.
Some of the best days afield in my life have been following beagles…..