Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pumping Gas.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Yup,,, and mine was one of them...

Talk about bad timing and somewhat embarrasing to say the least.

However, out of the nearly quarter of a million miles, throughout the country with it, that was the very first time I was almost stranded and I still drove it home with that broken column shiftier.

Never have I had any other major problems with that truck out all the other trucks I ever owned and I owned plenty, chevys & fords.

Maintenance wise, this truck has been by far the cheapest one I've ever owned since new and it's a 2001 F250 SuperDuty model.

Never was a big fan of ford cause I worked on so many of them as a kid for the family, but this truck changed my thinking especially of the fact of how hard I am on it. It's nearly indestructible with the exception of the rust around the rear wheels.

Now I probably jinks myself :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tipmoose

djohn9713

Definitely a bit of CDO going on. That is OCD in alphabetical order;)

Of course, all the cash in my wallet is always in order as well as facing forward. Plus, I still do not step on cracks as I will not break my mother's back.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
My truck I round it off but the work truck which gets paid with a credit card doesn't lol. For you guys that run it down till the light comes on I heard that it's not good on the fuel pump because the gas in the tank keeps it cool. If you run all the way down the pump is exposed and gets hot then when you fill up your dumping cold gas on a hot pump. Don't know how true it is but my tank never gets below half lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
My truck I round it off but the work truck which gets paid with a credit card doesn't lol. For you guys that run it down till the light comes on I heard that it's not good on the fuel pump because the gas in the tank keeps it cool. If you run all the way down the pump is exposed and gets hot then when you fill up your dumping cold gas on a hot pump. Don't know how true it is but my tank never gets below half lol.

I’ve heard the same about running the fuel low. I usually don’t go below a quarter.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio

Sounds reasonable, however my fuel pump isn't in my 40 gallon tank. Its an inline type on the fuel line and that's how many of the older ford diesel trucks are. In my tank there's a primary fuel filter and that's it.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
As a broke, fresh out of highschool kid, my Civic didn't see over a half tank very often. More times than not, that light was on. I put over 175k on it and never had fuel pump issues. 😂😂

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Sounds reasonable, however my fuel pump isn't in my 40 gallon tank. Its an inline type on the fuel line and that's how many of the older ford diesel trucks are. In my tank there's a primary fuel filter and that's it.

I’ve had to change the pump in my tank and the high pressure pump on the rail. 99 7.3