Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show your straight wall rifles!!

I’m on doe patrol Monday and Tuesday. I’ll be using my Ruger Gunsite Scout in 450 Bush. Burris Scout scope 2-7x32mm

Attachments

• IMG_1566.jpeg
    IMG_1566.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 87

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Why that over others?
No crazy reason. 350 never went on my radar for the reason of it was the “ first “ cartridge designed for us neutered states and the .355 projectile also I don’t get excited about the platforms you use. And holding back a couple years it’s apparent that it’s not the one, with the release of the 400. 450 is cool but once again AR’s and bolt guns … not my thing. I have no excuse to not like the trip 4 🤷🏻‍♂️. 45-70 in standard form is just shooting a cannon and if you load it to less or buy 225 ftx you are loosing a lot of potential just to make it a whitetail cartridge to shoot flat 200 yrds. That brings me to 360 , there’s probably 2 cartridges that have killed more medium/ large size game. 35 rem and 30-30. It’s a family thing as one came from the other and now they have produced a grandchild. That’s numbers why’s slightly out doing the others and being with a case length of max spec of a “ pistol “ cartridge it’s even legal in states the mandate case length unlike 444,45-70.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
but, you probably shouldn’t listen to the guy that buys stupid shit like this modern day pirate gun. This is what happens when you talk to much shit while working and proclaim you can kill a deer with a Rossi brawler! So you buy it under peer pressure take it home dig out a junk dot from the junk pile and here we are🙄
IMG_2988.jpeg
IMG_2989.jpeg
we shooting whatever’s in my pocket brah!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
but, you probably shouldn’t listen to the guy that buys stupid shit like this modern day pirate gun. This is what happens when you talk to much shit while working and proclaim you can kill a deer with a Rossi brawler! So you buy it under peer pressure take it home dig out a junk dot from the junk pile and here we are🙄View attachment 188248View attachment 188249we shooting whatever’s in my pocket brah!
so it's a cheaper non configurable encore pistol.... or a single shot judge

interesting