Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Snapper

Buckmaster

Portage
The highway ditches were just mowed sometime yesterday afternoon. While traveling my usual route on a 55 mph highway I spotted a big snapper in the ditch last night.
I had both my kids in the car and no where to pull over. I wanted that turtle so bad to add to my freezer collection of meat. Oh well, scratch that as an almost.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
NOW THAT'S A SNAPPER

Ron sent me this pic last night. This big sumbitch was caught down here along the Ohio river near Cincy somewhere. He said some guy noodling for catfish had three fingers bit off by this dude. Later when cutting him up they checked his stomach and found the three fingers inside it. Ron can elaborate more on this story but that's all I know. He did say it weighed 50#'s though.....looks bigger TOO me though. The feller in the pic isn't behind him 5 feet making him look bigger, he's right behind it off to the side to give you size reference....DANG!

Buckmaster

Portage
Yum, yum!

That reminds me that I need to make up a batch of turtle soup for an upcoming Deer Camp that well attended. Rut Camp it is. Probably make it next week and freeze it for when the time is right.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Years ago my grandpa caught one in their backyard which butts right up against atwood lake. It took up the whole trunk of their chevy lumina, good eatin that was!