Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tactics for gun season

Deerhuntingguy

Yes creek bottoms,low laying areas where they think they can escape,set up overlooking,you will see movement
Day 3-4 check edges of fields woodlines,once they figure out what's going on,they will avoid the woods,not safe
I've shot some real bruisers over the years watching the woodlines.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Yes creek bottoms,low laying areas where they think they can escape,set up overlooking,you will see movement
Day 3-4 check edges of fields woodlines,once they figure out what's going on,they will avoid the woods,not safe
I've shot some real bruisers over the years watching the woodlines.

Set up over a deep creek bottom yesterday and today, but not much pressure around us so no movement. I would imagine that Thursday - Sunday will be better

Deerhuntingguy

Rain,as long as not a major down pour,wind,again will drive deer and turkeys to open areas,they will
Leave wooded areas, and bed down in the fields,with their backs to the wind,seeing what's in front of them,while smelling what's behind them,I've watched deer in the past,from stands,walking ass backwards into thick heavy,cover to hide,
Do drives last 2 days if u can,or got out and act like your rabbit hunting,you'll almost have to step on them to get them to move.