Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 10 Tag Em Nation

ohio
Not going to be able to get back in the woods until Sunday morning. The afternoon and evening are shot since I have to run down to Dayton for a few hours. Maybe go out Monday morning as well. Might just have to see who is where out there lol.

I'm just south of Dayton

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just found out this morning I am going to get screwed out of hunting Monday as I have to go into work and do some OT to fix some downed lines from the windstorm up around Norwalk area.

I will be in Dayton/Springfield area Sunday afternoon. Have to run down to Wright State and with the time change tonight I don't know that I can get back up here to hunt the evening. I think this shindig is over around 2:30-3:00 but it's and hour and 45min drive home. Not leaving much time to get gear and head out the door to hunt.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I have been out hunting six out of the last 9 evenings without any sightings of any buck I would shoot. The little bucks seem to be everywhere. My cameras have some bigger bucks still moving at night. I'm frustrated and taking a few evenings off. Either the rut is gonna be late this year or I haven't been hunting the right funnels this year. Good luck guys.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I have been out hunting six out of the last 9 evenings without any sightings of any buck I would shoot. The little bucks seem to be everywhere. My cameras have some bigger bucks still moving at night. I'm frustrated and taking a few evenings off. Either the rut is gonna be late this year or I haven't been hunting the right funnels this year. Good luck guys.
I feel ya I'm not seeing any bucks been in the stand every day since last Thurs. Some am hunts and some pm hunts been seeing area does and some yearlings but I'm getting frustrated. Your not the only one struggling this season. I did move a few cams last Saturday, so we will see what they show tomorrow.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I posted this in the "rut report": Yesterday afternoon was the best rut-type action I have seen this season. As soon as I was settled for the afternoon, I had a basket-rack 8pt trot by me seeking a doe. At 330, a doe busted out of the thicket and ran full-tilt past my stand. Two bucks, unfortunately for me, a spike and basket 6, were 20 and 40 yards behind her, both grunting and growling. They covered 200 more yards and were out of sight in about 20 seconds.
The kicker is that I pulled memory cards after the hunt. I picked the wrong stand. There was a new 11pt on camera that walked by twice soon after the time I witnessed the chase. It's finally happening at one of my places in NEO.

I still have yet to see any buck from stand that I would consider shooting this year. I just haven't been in the right place at the right time. At least one of my farms has had a shooter show up on camera.

It's a long season, stick with it everyone. Good luck if you get out this weekend.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Didn't get cams pulled. The neighbor was shelling corn beside a little sleeper woods and I had to check it out, and man I'm glad I did. I got sat down and out of the last 24 rows comes a doe being chased hard by a spike they come to 30 yards and lays down in the field. The buck gets between her and another patch of corn 20 yards from me both look whipped. So knowing I wasn't going to shoot I keep watching the standing corn come down and another spike comes out and goes north into the standing cornfield that is north of the woods ,and as soon as I looked back towards the combine here comes another doe and yearling which trot by the bedded doe and buck and they all walk in the standing cornfield north of the woods. So after about 15 minutes I look to the east and there is a shooter, I hit the grunt tube and nothing I waited and hit the can and again nothing. As I'm watching the shooter a fourth buck came from my west at 8 yards. He was probably a 21/2 yr old , his left side was 5 and his right side was broke off at the base. So he gets down wind at 8 yards and spooks two jumps and walks in the standing corn. Meanwhile the shooter buck walks into the woods and out of site. Fifteen minutes go by and here comes the shooter at 60 yards in the woods so I get ready study my shooting lane choices and he is at 45 by now behind brush. He stops and turns north and goes into the standing corn. Man so close but yet so far. But all and all a damn fun night. It was a pick me up to say the least. As boone said stick with it and it will happen sooner or later. Probably won't get the cameras pulled till sat and we will see what's happening at my other stand it seem too have ran dry on buck activity. Keep at it guys seems like the rut is on pretty strong around me.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Well here is my update, hunting sucks lol

X2 After seeing signs of the rut last week, I decided to take yesterday off. I figured the woods would be rockin' after the big storm blew threw and the wind subsided. The wind must have taken all of the deer with it. I didn't see a single deer from stand all day. What a waste of time.

ohio
Update blah checked cams one of my bigger bucks is hunched up couldn't see a wound, went to check cam where my target buck is and the cam has walked away, Thursday night was a fun hunt couple small bucks dogging a couple of does used a lot of vocals so I replied, they stayed around from 4:30 to almost 6:30 it was a good time

yotehunter

spencerville oh
I did put down a button buck tonight only Cuz the youths had him wounded up. Kinda felt its either my family or the coyotes. Sooo I won I reckon. Hate to kill a bb but felt it was my duty.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
You did a good thing buddy.

At this point I would have shot him even if he wasn't all gimped up lol.

I am going out Thursday morning and then be out Sunday and Monday.

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I'm headed out this afternoon in the snow up here in NE Ohio. Trying out a blind I set up for the late season that I bought from a link posted on here.