Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 13 - Passin' Thru

00buck

congrats on the doe I wont be back out till i get new freezer on friday good luck to everybody hunting this week

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks guys.I made it out this evening.Passed on a small 8 and 7 pointer.A couple does.When i was pulling out of the farm drive i saw the big split browtine buck next to the drive heading to an apple tree.Hav'nt checked my cameras in awhile so will try and check them tomorrow and put a camera on the apple tree.Man he is one nice buck.Will head back out Wednesday evening as i am taking a buddy's son out that has never shot a deer.Have a blind set up for us.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
phpgpfjKgAM.jpgTook my friend's son out this evening and had an exciting hunt.We had this nice 11 pointer i call Splits come in at 30 yds but was quartering towards us and never gave him a good shot.He finally did at 50 yds but too far to shoot.He was wxcited just to see him but sure wish he got him as it would have been a great first deer.We will try again when he is able to go.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
php6D1aAbPM.jpgphp5vd2o7PM.jpgphpR9NrK4PM.jpgphp3PrhsGPM.jpg 8 does and fawns on this evening's hunt.Very warm out.Will try again in the morning.Checked one camera on an apple tree next to a Switch grass field and got a few pics of the Split brow buck and a smaller buck.My batteries were almost dead so lucky they even came out.Changed them out and good to go.Nice thing is it is along the driveway so can check it pretty much anytime i go by.First year using the Scent Smoker and have to say after 4 sits and having over 10 deer downwind this really works.It is fun to watch them stop and work their noses and then just settle down and go about their business.Good Luck if any of you get out.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
securedownload[2] (2).jpgsecuredownload[3] (2).jpgsecuredownload[2] (2).jpgsecuredownload[1] (2).jpgHey guys i made it out this morning.Man was it warm out.Was making some doe bleats and had two coyotes come in and was lucky enough to get this one.Almost got a shot at the second one.The one pic is where he is laying after i shot him.The other pic is my view from the stand.It was a nice male and he only went about 5 yards after the shot.Really like wearing the ghillie jacket and headnet.They just make you blend in so well it takes away the human form.They came in downwind so chalk another one up for the scent smoker.Might be able to make it out with my friend's son tomorrow evening if the weather is not too bad.Any of you make it out this weekend.

00buck

gonna go out in the morning wife is letting me miss church to hunt due to work schedule not really getting much time in the stand hopefully weather isnt very bad not worried about the heat just the rain storm good luck if you get out and be safe

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Hey guys ,Heading out this evening to take my friend's 13 yr old son Casey out again to try and get his first deer.We went Monday and saw 5 buck's and 4 does.Had 2 buck's at 40 yds but a little out of his range.Saw one around 135 to 140 class buck .He was excited and hopefully we can get it done today.Will take some pics today and post them up for some youth points.Will be out tomorrow evening by myself.Cant get out Friday or Saturday so will just wait till next week as you cant shoot a buck this weekend and dont want to shoot another doe yet.Good Luck.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Wow your friend don't know how lucky he is to have a guy like yourself as a friend, I applaud you for your kindness. Good luck.
I have not had the opportunity to hunt yet but after Fluety killed his buck Monday it got me itching really bad. Im starting to get things together, and hopefully maybe sometime soon, I will find time to sit in a tree.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wow your friend don't know how lucky he is to have a guy like yourself as a friend, I applaud you for your kindness. Good luck.
I have not had the opportunity to hunt yet but after Fluety killed his buck Monday it got me itching really bad. Im starting to get things together, and hopefully maybe sometime soon, I will find time to sit in a tree.
Thanks.Yes that was a nice buck the Fluteman bagged.It is a long season and just get out and enjoy it when your able.I have really enjoyed taking Casey out as i seem TOO get just about as excited as he does.I will have plenty of time too hunt in November so am really enjoying this.TOO any of you other Toozer's out there if you have a kid around that is able to go out with you try and take the time to do it.You wont regret it and well worth giving up some of our own hunting time to just see the excitement they get out of it.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
php9SJuMpAM.jpgphpTS0NP8AM.jpgphpqWRPKTAM.jpg I made it out by myself this evening.Saw 3 does and passed on a pretty 9 point but not what i am looking for.I have pics of him from a few days ago.Also checked a camera 30 yds from the stand i sat and the deer are really hitting the acorns along the edge of a CRP field.Not going to get back out till next week.Taking my granddaughters to the fair tomorrow and have a wedding to attend on Saturday.Good luck this weekend.

00buck

got out over the weekend and i will be damned if i didnt have a 130" 8 point walk by and a huge 12 point at 10 yards going to be back at it this weekend trying to let the hoyt eat

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
got out over the weekend and i will be damned if i didnt have a 130" 8 point walk by and a huge 12 point at 10 yards going to be back at it this weekend trying to let the hoyt eat
Man that suck's.That is one reason why i did'nt bother going besides being busy.If they do it again next year i will be skipping that weekend again.