Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 14 - Nocked and Loaded

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Hey fellow team mates between everything going on. I did manage to get out this morning and punch a hole in an 8 point. He's not huge, but a deer none the less. I have to get the measurements so I can post the pics.

Fantastic! Looking forward to the pictures and the write up! Congrats!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Cant wait for some pics. This weekend was rough! The big boys were LOCKED down in IN. Saw several 120-130" deer just yards off the road locked down with does. Only saw one shooter IMO, a 138-142" 8pt but couldnt get him to close the distance. Im going to be hunting back here in OH every few days between watching my boy. Going out to check cameras today. Prob going back to IN on the 11-14. Ive had the worse luck this year so I NEED to get the monkey off my back.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Hey WhitetailSpecialities..............where's the pics of your buck???

Anyway, I am going after my target DOE tonight. She has 2 fawns and is wise and cautious. She's busted me once already this season and another time, she never could pinpoint me, but knew I was there as she kept circling and wouldn't settle down. I couldn't have shot her if I tried as she kept moving and was on high alert.

I'm considering her my personal challenge this year and if I get her, she will be a trophy for sure! Hopefully that will be tonight! :smiley_chinrub:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Just maybe she didn't pinpoint you since you were "smoked-up"?

Am not convinced of that yet. Yes, I am a hard sell.

However, now the wind is going to be changing direction tonight between 5 and 6 (supposedly) so we'll see.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Time to slide down, sneak out, run some errands with the wife. It has been a beautiful morning but you can only video small bucks scent checking for so long. Plus, I would imagine that big doe I slammed around 810-815 should be plenty dead by now. Man do I love slamming does! Plenty of meat on that big ol gal!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Bumped a good one checking a cam yesterday! Still got others showing up everyday tho. Still kinda bitter since this was the stand I was going to hunt and they were under my stand from 8am-noonish when I bumped them.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Hey, how did I miss those pictures, Rutin? Some nice looking bucks there!

I'm going out tonight and hoping to drop a doe. This will be at a new spot I haven't hunted this year, and I am not going after the big biotch tonight. I have an antlerless tag that I don't want to waste, so I'll re-try hunting big biotch after I fill this tag. I have the feeling that is her goal........to make me eat a tag. :smiley_blackeye:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Hes Back!

The 9pt ive had off and on all year, I'll stick him if he comes into range. Tried to other night when he was there at 6:47am.... figured he was bedded close by but he never showed. All the other deer did tho, go fig!