Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team #3 - The Moe Fuggars

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Been watching that a little this year. Seems to support what I've been seeing, so I guess it's the Gospel!!! LOL!!!

That's what I thought when I saw it we're behind the power curve.... But why so slow and others almost in peak???? Puzzled on that one.... We should be ahead of the southern part of the state but we're not.... Illinois is really screwed :smiley_clap:

twireman

Kingston, OH
With daylight savings time my evenings are really tricky now. Took tonight and tommorow off from hunting with the temps. Front moving in Wednesday so I'll be up a tree then thru Friday. Saturday and Sunday will see my ass in a stand all day.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have an uneducated theory that the mature bucks "know" it is not time yet and they are in conservation mode. That supports my lack of success any ways!!!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I could understand for mature deer but I am not seeing anything comparatively. I pulled a cam set on a well traveled path near bedding. Been there since Halloween. Not a single deer pic.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I could understand for mature deer but I am not seeing anything comparatively. I pulled a cam set on a well traveled path near bedding. Been there since Halloween. Not a single deer pic.

Yeah Charles, my pictures a way down as well... Like they split too another woods or something...

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
This is it friends. Headed out for my final Ohio hunt of the year. I drew on a doe this morning and another doe saw me and blew at her from the beans beyond her and she took off. I gotta get it done tonight.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah SSDD..... At least I got # 13 out of the way :smiley_clap:

Morning Hunts: 13
Evening Hunts: 8
Does: 12
Bucks: 4
Shots: 1
Harvest: 1
Hours on stand: 101.0

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well hit it again this morning.... Day 7 in a row..... Had two single doe go by after shooting light about 40 minutes later a lone small 8 point that didn't trail them or have his nose too the ground go by out of shooting range... My buddy I was texting said would you of shot him if he was close enough and I told him not today lol.... Can't say what would happen during shotgun season rotflmao But hey I'm just glad too start seeing deer again lol....

Morning Hunts: 14
Does: 14
Bucks: 5
Hours on stand: 106.5

twireman

Kingston, OH
Got out tonight....watched the combine shell all the corn at the inlaws....that's all i seen. LMAO......didn't push one deer to me damnit. back up the tree tommorow.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One lone 6 point cruising through this morning... Did have his nose too the ground the entire time going by.... Was on a fast walk and looked eager rotflmao Does have all but vanished and when I do see them they're by themselves for the most part.....

Morning Hunts: 15
Bucks: 6
Hours on stand: 111.0

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well another bust tonight... If I didn't know better I think they're trying too avoid me..... :smiley_clap: Anyways, pulled cards today and the fuggin dogs are still around... Seem too be running them at night..... It never ends..... Deer sightings are way off and camera shots are down as well.....

Morning Hunts: 15
Evening Hunts: 9
Hours on stand: 114.0

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Took the day off too get some stuff done and recharge the batteries lol.... hitting it Saturday and Sunday then back too work till Wednesday then another 4 day weekend planned.... hopefully things pick up shortly.....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
5 hour sit today and not a deer sighted anywhere...... I'm at a loss... This has been one scewy season so far.... Tomorrow is my last day out untill thursday..... Hoping something is moving... They're calling for higher winds Sunday 20-30 mph versus 10-20 today..... oh so looking forward too that :smiley_clap:

Morning Hunts: 16
Evening Hunts: 9
Hours on stand: 119.0