Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 4

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The Bueller's.

Bueller. . . . Bueller. . . .Bueller. . . . .Anyone else with a team name idea? Bueller?

It doesn't matter much to me. Team 4 works fine as far as I am concerned. lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I can't speak for everybody on the team but I know I have only been out 3x and have seen 0 deer. Not much to report lmao

Haven't seen a ton myself. Schedule has been ridiculous. Been out for a few sits at least. I feel fortunate to have been able to accomplish this much. Haven't seen much but that is okay. Had does in bow range twice with no (clean) shot opportunities. In the past, I went months without a deer in bow range. Good luck fellas!

huntn2

Hudson, OH
Passed one doe opening evening and saw 2 does on each opening weekend sit. Hunted 3 times last weekend and was skunked on each sit.

Diablo54

Outside
Been out maybe 10 times. Had does in range but it was always a work night when I didn't want to deal with it. Been taking kids and the gf out more than myself. Waiting on a certain buck too start slipping up for me. Maybe in a few weeks.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sliding into a spot in the morning (unless I oversleep and hunt elsewhere) where I have a hunch one of the boys is slipping through. New climber is locked and loaded. Have only hunted this spot a few times over the years. It is generally hot as hot can be or I get skunked. When you see a deer it is generally a good one. Probably a bit early to push the envelope but when the corn is off the bucks tend to scatter. Corn is coming off a bunch right now. Hopefully it has some deer pushed my way.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Appreciate it brother. Ready to shower, smoke up, and hit it. Long walk in. Using climber. Keeping my fingers crossed.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Garrett has a soccer tournament this weekend. Got home this evening in time to take a nap, mow the lawn, and road scout. Corn came off one of my properties Friday. Was not too happy about it. Beans to the south of this property came off today and the deer were all up in the cut corn. With antlerless only weekend, I had zero desire to hunt. I also had zero desire to hunt with my ML. Whelp, might change my mind. Tomorrow night our daughter is having 8 friends spend the night for her 13th B-Day party. Complained to Erin about it and she said "Fine. You don't have to be there. Go hunting or something." Dang dang dang. With the doezilla I saw in the field tonight, I just might pull the ML out of the safe and shoot it after Garrett's soccer game tomorrow. If I can shoot her from the ground with the ML, I think I might try to do so.

Disclaimer: All comes down to if I have time to shoot it verify scope sighted in AND get out in the woods early enough.