Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Texas Heart Shot

Just west of my house a g-hog was taking his first bite of soy beans, as they are sprouting up. 🤔 So, I grabbed the Savage 22-250 and gave him a 55 gr. Hornady V-Max suppository. :sneaky: Good ole texas heart shot does 'em in every time. :ROFLMAO:💯 My first one, this year!
2023 G-Hog.jpg

P8riot

Carbon, In
I spooked one out from under my propane tank while weed eating yesterday. He ran over to the shop and kind of squared up with me. He wasn't looking so good, was panting, and would only hop about 5 times and then lay down. He eventually hopped into the tall grass. I wonder if he was rabid or possibly anemic from all the ticks I have here? If he shows up again, I'll give him the same treatment! I was just looking up some 53gr V Max for my AR before coming here!!

P8riot

Carbon, In
Now I have a mama and 2 baby groundhogs. I want to exterminate and my wife likes them...and raccoons, which I haven't seen yet. We got in an argument. I just sprayed the entire yard yesterday with Permethrin for a couple hours and she wants to let those tick bags wander around next to the house. Het argument is we live in the woods and I want to kill all the animals here. I said I'm not wandering hundreds of yards out to kill them, they're coming to me!

Reactions: Left field
Now I have a mama and 2 baby groundhogs. I want to exterminate and my wife likes them...and raccoons, which I haven't seen yet. We got in an argument.
It's easier to get forgiven, than to get permission. 👍 I don't discuss such issues with my wife, but that's me. I don't want the varmints, so they get killed. 🚫 I have lots of rabbits, squirrels and birds around the house and that's because I never let a cat pass thru without getting a boolit to the noggin'. :cool: Best way to look at a cat, is thru a rifle scope! :)