Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thompson/Center Arms

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Is back!!
Gregg Ritz, a prominent figure in the outdoor industry, has announced the acquisition of Thompson/Center Arms, a move poised to reinvigorate the brand and its legacy in the firearms market.

Thompson/Center Arms, renowned for its innovation and craftsmanship, has been a staple in the firearms community for decades, with a rich heritage deeply rooted in pioneering designs and exceptional quality. With the acquisition led by Gregg Ritz, Thompson/Center Arms is positioned to continue its reputation of performance as the family-owned company enters an exciting new chapter under fresh leadership.

Gregg Ritz brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to this acquisition that has come full circle. As former owner of Thompson/Center Arms, a seasoned media & manufacturing entrepreneur and television host of the top-rated, award-winning Hunt Mastersseries on Outdoor Channel, Ritz has an intimate understanding of the needs and desires of outdoor enthusiasts. His vision for Thompson/Center Arms is clear – to build upon its rich heritage while introducing new technologies that meet the evolving demands of the market.

Read more here

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I hate to say it but traditional hunting firearms don’t seem to be a growing market. Handguns and modern sporting rifles is where most of the action is. T/C was always suppling a niche market, often with little quality competition. I’m not sure what future the company has.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
I hate to say it but traditional hunting firearms don’t seem to be a growing market. Handguns and modern sporting rifles is where most of the action is. T/C was always suppling a niche market, often with little quality competition. I’m not sure what future the company has.
Well for however long they're around, I will support them.

Reactions: 5Cent

LonewolfNopack

The woods
1000003210.jpg

LonewolfNopack

The woods
charged vs convicted? or?
there's a difference imo
I could probably dig more into it if i had time, so i dont know all details. A friend sent this to me, and thats good enough for me. I don't have much use for someone that calls themselves a professional hunter either regardless.

Attachments

• 1000003211.jpg
    1000003211.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Not convicted, end of story. It's one that took many twists and turns, but in the end, not convicted.

I wish him the best with his new adventure. Would love to see some high quality items out of T/C again!

Reactions: Tipmoose

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Ritz doesn’t have a great rep….. He ran Horton into the ground…..

He wasn't sole owner and only one calling the shots. Hate how it ended up, but the Horton brand has been better since going back to the Bednar family.

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Google Greg Ritz poaching, you will find more info then you can read. Some of it internet gossip? I'm sure. But I will not personally be supporting any company he is a part of (I'm sure he will be devastated). Tired of shitbag hunters.

Last edited: