Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tips, tricks, practice, must buys, etc...

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Here's a tip: Clean your gun every so often 😂

I have put this Benelli through the ringer and other than my maintenance of it, old COB would be proud of would of the pile of birds its killed over the years. Dropped the first round in it this morning, dropped the bolt and it was clear she need cleaned today. Sat in the rain for 4 hours, so it left me no choice really. If I'm being honest, it hasn't been cleaned since 2019, maybe 2018, which was a good 500 rounds ago. But that's not the record. Pretty sure I went over 1K rounds between cleanings once 😂 I literally had to scrape gunk off with a screw driver before I could actually clean it...

My lack of care aside, Benellis go "boom" when you pull the trigger. Only had one duck work the spread today and he took a full load of #1s to the chest as he coasted into the hole landing gear down. 😎

View attachment 117781

I will for always scratch my head this one lol. You have never cleaned your guns on a regular basis! That is terrible😥

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I will for always scratch my head this one lol. You have never cleaned your guns on a regular basis! That is terrible😥
Duck guns are just different Adam. I don’t know why. They just are. It’s the way it is for pretty much any waterfowl hunting related gear. Neglect is a given. Again, I don’t know why... It doesn’t make any sense.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Be you can eat off your garage floor...wtf

I just got done mopping it actually. Just look at it. Can't see my torque wrench though can ya? 😂

20210101_162354.jpg

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
To each their own, I get a kick out of it which is why I responded. I get the waterfowl part, I partook a lot in the sport while growing up before moving to college. It really goes against logic given the mix of water and high $ equipment for me though, so I scratch my head. I dont know what it is about guns....whether it's their cost per each, the fact I know it needs cleaned or it will rust or maybe because it potentially will not fire, or just that I was raised to take care of EVERYTHING lol. That is hard earned $ and time you spent to acquire. I would feel guilty lol.

Yep, I wipe my tools off when I'm done using them, but they get tossed into their drawer, not in a shadow liner. My guns get cleaned after every outing/hunt/fire, except for the .22lr....lol, weird.

Reactions: CJD3

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's a little beyond me. I just mop with hot water and bleach once a week. We spend a good bit of time in the garage just hanging out, so it helps from tracking in dust, dirt, and dog hair. Plus, I have a little OCD, except for cleaning my guns 😂

Reactions: 5Cent