Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Fall Outing: Strouds Run October 11-13

Will you be attending this event?

• Yes

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Nice Joe. I was thinking of making a trip over to Waterloo/Zaleski on Saturday afternoon. Less people, more land, familiar territory. Depends on how antsy I get.

There is also Sunday Creek and Monday creek coal company land just north of Nelsonville for anyone else looking for something a little north. Just need to pick up free, lifetime permits from ODNR office in Athens.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I haven't decided what to bring yet. Tired of bringing chicken I guess. If Cotty can make it I will bring him a bottle of my sauce. I'll bring some sort of food or a few desserts. I'll post em up when I decide. I will be bringing my muzzy fellers.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nice Joe. I was thinking of making a trip over to Waterloo/Zaleski on Saturday afternoon. Less people, more land, familiar territory. Depends on how antsy I get.

There is also Sunday Creek and Monday creek coal company land just north of Nelsonville for anyone else looking for something a little north. Just need to pick up free, lifetime permits from ODNR office in Athens.

These places are much closer and shouldn't be crowded. I found some awesome sleeper outlier parcels today. A couple are small like 25 acres but would be great for a father son team or someone who doesn't want the public feel. But the main section of poston is big enough that we could all get lost.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I found 190 proof Everclear. Be prepared for some pie that will put hair on your chest! :smiley_clap:

WOO HOO wait, I already have a chest full of hair. Better give my drink to one of the less fortunate fellers lol. If you would have said hair on your head then Kevin and Beener would be fightin over it.

I've got a charcoal grill that has about a weekend left in it before it sees the trash so that will be making the roadtrip with me. I haven't killed anything in 2 years so I don't have any good meals to make. I can cook up a tater/pepper mix with Adam's fried turkey. Not sure if anyone is going to want breakfest, but I can bring a shit ton of eggs/bacon to make.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ron and I were 5-10 minutes away from the Strouds group campground Sat afternoon while at Erin and Nicks wedding. I will be driving right by that church in less three weeks...:smiley_coolpeace: