Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Summer Gathering - June 11-12th?

Cast your vote for the 1st ever TOO Summer Gathering...

• Hocking Hills

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Woodbury Wildlife Area

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Dillon State Park and Wildlife Area

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I will call there tomorrow to the office and see if anybody is there. I know it is mostly BFE roads and 42 ponds. I seen it said something about foot trail but nothing said about ATV trails. I will let you know what I find out over the weekend or on Monday if nobody is there over the weekend.

Cool... I know the state forest here prohibits any quad riding.

42 ponds?!?!? Nice!!!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/9/Images/hunting/Wildlife Area Maps/pub043.gif

My bad...there are more then that lmao

The land comprising Woodbury has undergone many conversions. From early agriculture and timbering to recent strip-mining, the area contains a diverse mixture of habitat types from expanses of grasses and legumes to relatively undisturbed woodlands. Approximately 35 percent of the area is in openland, 8 percent in brushland, and 57 percent in woodland. There are over 150 small water impoundments on the area, most of which were developed during strip-mining activities. This number includes 42 wetlands and 116 ponds.

Only 42 have been stocked though :D.

Last edited:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
The other option, and the best one for us IMO is Woodbury Wildlife Area in Coshocton County. There is a small, first come, first serve primitive camp site located at the end of a dead end township road with a pond less than a half mile away. There are over 100 ponds in the area total, so there is plenty of fishing to be had. About 5 miles from the camp ground is a Class A, C, and D shooting ranges. A is the supervised rifle/pistol range; C is the unsupervised trap range; and D is the unsupervised 20 target archery range. And there is 19,000 acres of public hunting we could scout and shed hunt. The weak link is the camping area, but Woodbury offers a ton of options for a bunch of rednecks! Plus, it’s off the beaten trail and that might be a good thing with this group!

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Home/wil...WoodburyWildlifeArea/tabid/19897/Default.aspx

I think the parking is going to be an issue as well. The parking spot back in there where the camping is ain't all that big from looking at google earth. Could make for some issues if we have more then just a couple people back there lol.

Woodbury.jpg

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Just joined the website guys. Very cool site. My cousin Cotty16 referred me. Coming to woodbury with him the 11th and 12th. Can't wait to meet some of you guys.

Can't wait to meet you man. Glad you like the place. Enjoy :)